Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boy Howdy, this thang HairyPri talked me into......

Guest zebm1

Hairy's a Corel guy??!! Holy smokes I thought all the high-falootin grafix guys were all about Ill on a mac. I was using CorelDraw before it had numbers behind it. I started in the '80s, doing layout for printshops. I've got X3 now and X4 is out. Corel is powerful stuff alright. And it's so much more intuitive than Adobe. I've used about half a dozen other programs over the years and Illustrator is my least favorite. And don't start with a PC/ vs Fisher-Pri . . . I mean Mac debate.

I'm brimming with newfound respect for Harry!

Edited by samdiego

Have you dealt with this stuff before? I'd offer my assistance if you need any, but if Harry got you into this, I guess we should make him get you out. They have a good photo program too. Did you buy the whole thing or "borrow" it?

Guest zebm1

Bought tha "whole thang" on Amazon, brand new, sealed for $125.00. I just got it sos I can make my own decals.....just tinker with it, kinda like a hobby thing.

Whoa! Hold on there just a gol-dang minute! :P

I've NEVER used Corel Draw, or any Coral software. EVER!

I'm an Adobe fan. Nobody beats Photoshop and Illustrator. And yes, I do it on a Mac! :D (Although I do have a PC too, in case I feel like torturing myself with Windows Vista)... :D

Guest Davkin

I'm a CorelDraw veteran myself, though only as a hobbiest. I started out just doing artsy, fartsy stuff with v.3 for Windows running on OS/2 many years ago. I still use v.6, haven't felt the need to upgrade. I've mostly used it to make artwork for decals, but now that I don't have an Alps printer anymore not much use for it for that purpose. The only thing I've done with it lately is to work up a sketch to visualize my 1:1 project. I use Corel PhotoPaint to process all my digital photos, but other than that I don't do much bitmap work. I spend all day doing CADD work so about the last thing I want to do when I get home is work on CorelDraw, but I do want to flesh out and detail my sketch of the 1:1 eventually.

And Harry, if you've never used CorelDraw how do you know it doesn't beat Adobe? :D

David

And Harry, if you've never used CorelDraw how do you know it doesn't beat Adobe? :D

David

I've had the chance to play around with Corel Draw. Compared to Photoshop, Corel Draw doesn't compare!

I guess it's all what you're used to. If you started with Corel, it probably seems easy to use, but I found it needlessly complicated and clumsy. Photoshop seems much more intuitive to me, but that's probably because I've used it for years. I like the fact that Photoshop puts almost no restrictions on you...it lets you use it the way that's most comfortable for YOU, unlike for example Microsoft stuff, which seems to have a mind of its own and makes you do what IT wants to do. How people can work in Word or Powerpoint all day is beyond me...

I'm just an Adobe fan from way back. Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc. Works for me.