Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Chevy 3100 - AMT Snap kit

Decided to start working on this one this weekend... was gonna try to have it done over the 4 day holiday weekend, but wouldn't know it, not gonna happen.

It started as a quick, "I'm gonna spray this flat and assemble" and that quickly turned into, "I think I'm gonna relic it". So that lead me to this...

IMG_20170704_095707357.thumb.jpg.0aafade

I still have to funk up the windows, paint the wood in the bed some kinda color, and flatten the tires. I'm also thinking about drilling a hole in it for a flag pole... maybe...

Thanks for looking... stay tuned...

Good looking!..nice weathered look.I will be doing a similar project on the same kit..when it gets here.question are you going to put mirrors on this 50 chev?

also..is it possible for you to post here or to me a digital copy of the instruction sheets?...please!!..so mostly this kit doesn't have a engine.are you going to make it look as it has no engine in it?.....nice work......Chris 

Thanks for that... I'm planning on using them. Maybe break one I don't know yet... I'll see if I can copy the instructions if the scanner will work for me. 

The kit looks as if it has an engine from the bottom, but no there isn't one. I'm not gonna change that up at all. Just a basic curbside pickup.

• 3 months later...

FINALLY getting a little me time in... but just a little...

Got a little work done on the old chevy last night and this morning...

Little work on the bed...

IMG_20171112_084003417.thumb.jpg.4a0800b

"Flattened" one of the tires... gonna probably do the other 3 as well.

IMG_20171112_085600838.thumb.jpg.6c1a314

Edited by KWT

Good looking!..nice weathered look.I will be doing a similar project on the same kit..when it gets here.question are you going to put mirrors on this 50 chev?

also..is it possible for you to post here or to me a digital copy of the instruction sheets?...please!!..so mostly this kit doesn't have a engine.are you going to make it look as it has no engine in it?.....nice work......Chris 

Chris.. sorry for taking so long. Been busy with work and my kids band competitions. Last night is the first time I've worked on this since. I'm looking for the instructions, but can't seem to find them. If I do, I'll send them to you in the mail. I'm not sure if I laid them out to scan them or what. But I didn't put them back in the box..