Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford "Deuce Coupe"

Mahogany Rush

My version of the '32 Deuce Coupe from the Revell 5-Window kit.

box

I decided to trade in the Hemi and stuff a Blown 427 Ford from a "Revell Parts Paks" kit. And I do mean STUFF! It was tight.

32FordCoupe_2

I tossed out the body for a Jimmy Flintstone chopped version. Wanted it chopped, but I didn't have the cajones to try it! Some things best left to the pros.

32FordCoupe_1

Got some big fat meats off eBay called "Mickey Thompson Sportsman's" that gave me that little extra badness I wanted and to help the rake since I was not channeling this baby.

32FordCoupe_3

Went with a bright yellow (Rustoleum Sun Yellow) because I haven't done a yellow car yet and not to replicate Milner's from American Graffitti. No fenders for me! Tried my rookie hand at blacking out the grill.

32FordCoupe_7

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I snapped the body down one whole side while trying to massage it into shape. I almost lost my mind! SNAP!!!!!! Arrrrrrgh. Fixed it pretty good though.

32FordCoupe_5

It snapped on the A and B pillars all the way to the rear fender well on the right side of the car. We can still see it, but I tried my rookie hand had a Tamiya putty job.

32FordCoupe_6

And here is the interior that no one can see! LOL. I lost the Fuel Gauge decal, but found it stuck to my arm hours after I gave up looking and painted it black!

32FordCoupe_8

Thanx for looking and once again thanx to ALL of the members of this board that provide guidance and support to everyone. Next up for me, a 53 Jeep Wagon (my dad's).