Model Cars Magazine Forum

A total noob here.

I'm just getting into modeling and I'm doing a few cars I enjoyed growing up. The first car I chose to takle was the 1969 Dodge Charger, 'The General Lee'. I loved this car as a kid.

I was wondering if any of you guys out there have built this car? The version I have is the kit tied-in to the The Dukes Of Hazzard movie, the AMT/Ertl kit I believe. If any of you guys have built this kit, I was wondering if you could post some good pics of the interior & engine, so I could get some good detailing ideas. Or if you know of some good sites or pics of this kit online, so I can get some good detailing ideas. The only kit I can find pics or info about online is the old 1981 or so kit.

Any help would be great, thanks guys.

:blink: Psychoboy, Welcome to the forum! first of all if your gonna build an AUTHENTIC DofH General Lee, Youd best start off with the Revell 69 Charger kit, as the MPC/Amt kit is a Charger 500 mishmash! All you can use from the AMT kit is the decals!Best to go with the Revell kit and be happy with the end result than to spend your time and have a totally wrong model with the AMT kit. ;)

I concur, that the AMT kit ins't a good one to start with. At least that is what I remember of it from a great many years ago. I do know about the Revell kit but I suspect it is far superior.

Guest zebm1

Hey Psycho, check with Gregg Hutchings, he won 1st place in the Box Stock Division with his "General Lee Charger" in the 13th Annual Hawaiian Luau Model Car Show.....1992.....he's an eggspert on Duke's Chargers..... :blink: He even got to take tha pics of that Show for "Car Model" Magazine. May Issue. ;)

Cool, thanks everyone for the replies. The AMT kit I have was a gift so I'm just gonna go ahead & build it. I'm not really looking to make it exact or totally AUTHENTIC, ya know. I plan on putting in speaker grills and such, so its not gonna be perfect, but kinda a mix between The General Lee I'd like to have and the real General. I know it sounds wierd...lol...

What I was actually looking for was pics of a model version of the General that someone took the time to detail the interior and engine, to spark some ideas.

Oh, I almost forgot, does anyone know where I might be able to find a little CB Radio to mount under the dash in my General? I've seen alot of sites that sell aftermarket detailing pieces, but not sure I've seen a CB Radio.