Model Cars Magazine Forum

LOOKING FOR "SKETCHPAD" CONTRIBUTORS

The "Sketchpad" feature in your favorite model mag is looking for your art...

Next issue (July), we'll be featuring YOUR artwork!

Anyone and everyone is welcome to submit their best automotive art for possible publication in the next "Sketchpad". We'll be featuring 4-5 illustrations, each from a different artist.

The "rules" are simple:

1. The art must be your own original creation. ALL formats are eligible (pencil, airbrush, electronic, stone carvings on cave walls...whatever!)

2. Your submitted image must be high enough quality and resolution for print (300 dpi preferred, 150 dpi minimum).

3. Your image must be submitted electronically (no originals mailed to me please!!!) File formats accepted: Jpeg, tiff, bmp, approx. 4x6 inches or so. Don't worry about exact size...I'll take care of that.

Submit 2-3 of your best pieces to me at harrypristo@netzero.net. and put "Sketchpad" in the subject line. If I pick your image to use, you'll need to supply me with a short paragraph of text...your name, a little bit about yourself, a little info on the illustration, etc., that will be published along with your image.

I need your images ASAP...in the next few days would be ideal.

Send me your art and you might see it published in the next Model Cars!

Keep 'em coming!

And remember...I only have room for 4-5 images per "Sketchpad", so don't get bummed if your illustration isn't used immediately. I'll keep all submissions on file for possible future issues...maybe even a future "Sketchpad" contest, if I can twist Gregg's arm hard enuff... :P

Wait...

You mean there IS going to be a 'next' issue of Model Cars????????????

I won't believe it til I see it!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta tell ya, it's difficult to maintain any enthusiasm for this magazine as long as it is on the 'someday' schedule.....

It gets kinda tiring, in fact, and would bother a lot more... but I write for 'real car' magazines and have been super busy meeting deadlines...... you guys know what those are, right?

Good luck with the artwork!

Wait...

Gotta tell ya, it's difficult to maintain any enthusiasm for this magazine as long as it is on the 'someday' schedule.....

It gets kinda tiring, in fact, and would bother a lot more... but I write for 'real car' magazines and have been super busy meeting deadlines...... you guys know what those are, right?

Production schedule is out of my control...that's the Big Kahuna's department... :huh:

Wait...

You can't live in Hawaii and be burdened with things like schedules or deadlines!! It's just not "the way" !! :lol:

Besides, if MCM became more like the other model magazine then Gregg would have to make the annual contest coverage issue a separate, special edition that we'd have to pay extra $$ to get, albeit late. :lol:

No, I'm happy in this instance to leave things as they are and get the magazines whenever they arrive. Mahalo. :lol:

I would love to submit some material for your Sketchpad feature but this deadline is too soon for me. Maybe for a future issue I'll send some art for you to consider?

Thanx, DR Dubois.

That's fine. I'm keeping all submisions for possible use in upcoming issues.