Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Arrival

Greetings all,

New member here i just joined and thought i'd type a few bits about me. I'm 42 from the UK, been modelling since i was probably 13, on and off, had a couple of long periods where i haven't done any models. But my recent projects include AMT's Superboss truck which i completely hand painted as the original decal sheet was no good to use, Monogram's Vanbulance, i did a couple of Johan drag car restorations which i actually prefer doing, currently i am restoring a 1/16 Gene Snow funny car, bloody tyres are completely perished though!

Anyway, i just wondered what people thought about these re-release kits that some companies seem to be doing i've noticed, does this lower the price of that particular model regardless if it is an original release or not?

Happy New Year by the way :)

Welcome Phil..!   Id love to see many older models re-issued too.  I love the Monogram show rods...my grail kit of them is the Un-Real Roller.   I could not care less if there a re-issue but would like them to be molded in the proper colors they once were.   I build/restore about anything with wheels...LOL.. been building all my life.  I am into the 60s and 70s body style stuff mostly...models and promos...dioramas..etc.

9 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Welcome Phil..!   Id love to see many older models re-issued too.  I love the Monogram show rods...my grail kit of them is the Un-Real Roller.   I could not care less if there a re-issue but would like them to be molded in the proper colors they once were.   I build/restore about anything with wheels...LOL.. been building all my life.  I am into the 60s and 70s body style stuff mostly...models and promos...dioramas..etc.

Hi there, yeah there are loads of kits they could re-issue, i'd love to see the re-issue of AMT's drag truck and Monogram's Dogcatcher, but the biggest problem is finding particular tyres, i contacted Revell yesterday looking for 1/16 tyres and they called it a cull item. Oh well, i'll have to try and get creative and find some rubber bits and machine them down somehow or something.

13 hours ago, Project X said:

Hi there, yeah there are loads of kits they could re-issue, i'd love to see the re-issue of AMT's drag truck and Monogram's Dogcatcher, but the biggest problem is finding particular tyres, i contacted Revell yesterday looking for 1/16 tyres and they called it a cull item. Oh well, i'll have to try and get creative and find some rubber bits and machine them down somehow or something.

Hi Phil..!  I understand that one....I have around 100 old models/promos from my dads old collection I have been trying to restore..finding the needed parts to is not easy.  There too cool not to restore anyway.