Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mooneye's Dragster & Willy the Kid

Merk

Hi Guys: I bought four of these Revell Mooneyes Dragster frame kits on e-bay. Paid a bit more than the original .69 cent price LOL I will build one as the Mooneyes and mabe one with twin engines and save the rest for later. Searching for the rest of the needed parts now. Here is the frame arriving at the speed shop. I also have a glue bomb resto going on a Willys gasser. Found these wheel and tires for it. The build has started. I can smell the burning rubber in the air now. Thanks, Merks

Edited by Merk

:lol: Well Murc, looks like you got a nice lil project on yer hands, thats cool how we useta buy them parts pacs for so cheap! If we'd only known,eh?Your work shops just too clean!Is this the recieving area, and you do the builds somewhere else?Or do you get on the guys to pick up EVERY scrap of stuff on the floor?I once worked for an outfit like that(the Marines) an it was no fun! :lol:

Somewhere I remember seeing the Moon Eyes car with a Small block Chevrolet running a crank mounted blower .I also think I saw it somewhere in a not too distant issue of The Rodders Journal magazine. If I'm right, then the Boss Nova should have some of the needed parts you will need to comp[lete your build .The Chrysler engine was a repop accessory from A M T 's 1962 Buick Special wagon. The engine could be built with a crank mounted blower or with the blower mounted on the intake. Ed Shaver

• 7 years later...

Help, can any body explain or diagram plumbing the original (60's) mooneyes dragster, the lines seem to go under the engine and wrwp back up to the hydraulic throttle but it is very hard to tell the details, where the line come out of the tank mainlky, also how many there arte .  thanks trying to be authentic.