Model Cars Magazine Forum

need photos of Mickey Thompson's Challenger I LSR car

Hello all.

I'm wondering if anybody out there can recomend a site or a book with some good chassis photos of the real car, either from the 60s or the recent restoration. I've spent some time googlin' but have only turned up a few, small photos that don't have the level of detail that us model guys like to see.

Any recomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Holy ######! I just did some more googlin' and discovered that the custodians of the car intend to bring it to Bonneville in August for Speed Week! Not to run, mind you, but to fire up the engines and celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mickey's first run in the car. I'm going to speed week this year, so I can take some photos of my own!! What luck!

Funny how these things work out. I'll have to buy another memory stick just for the Challeger I pictures!

Jeff.I wish I could go with you.From the pictures I've seen over the years I can only guess as to just how vast the area really is.Mickey Tompson to me was one of my heroes I'ts a damm shame he had to go when and for that matter why. Did they ever find his killer? In closing when you go there humm a few bars from the song "Miles from Nowhere for me, itt'll make sense when ya get there. Ed Shaver