Model Cars Magazine Forum

5th '08 Project Toyoyo Hi-Lux Lowrida'(UPDATE!! 7/18/08)

just_a_doodz

Picked this up at Hobby Lobby (I got ripped off I paid $29.00 at the one next to my house went to the next closest looking for paint they had it for $15.99....but I digress....)Id seen it built a few times and it looks pretty simple.Curbside BUT has fully adjustable suspension.So far Ive painted the Cab/Bed/Cover Testors One Coat Lacquer Lime Ice.I also painted the suspension parts with plain ole Testors Metallic silver.The only complaint so far about this kit....(as usual for me...) the wheels are sooooooooo tiny.Pictures---------->

Frame...suspension bits.

100_1494.jpg

Body and wheels.

100_1495.jpg

100_1496.jpg

100_1497.jpg

I havent cleared it because Ive got a scrap piece of the sprue drying with the Lime Ice on it and Im going to spray it with Duplicolor"Clear Effex" it has a sparkle fleck or whatever in it.I just dont know if it will go on that lacquer without messing it up....ANYWAY....LOL.Thanks for looking and good modeling!!!!Later.

Edited by just_a_doodz

Mock-up pictures...should be done before too long!! First ones...ridin' high....

100_1498.jpg

100_1499.jpg

Next...overhead frame and body shot....

100_1500.jpg

Now...the frame ....

100_1501.jpg

And finally....the money shot....laying frame...LOL.I know Im retarded.

100_1502.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend this kit to everyone wanting to take a break from all the detail madness.VERY simple.....but hey I know some of you cant help it.You guys would detail the ###### out of it and it would be 2 YEARS before it would be done....but hey....who cares...have fun guys and thanks for looking!!!!Later.

You guys might want to check out Hobby Lobby again because I picked up a couple of the pick ups for 5.97 last thursday.

Whhhaaaaaa????Man if they did that at my store......Id have to hire people to carry them things out for me.I know it is a simple kit but dang........Thanks.....Im going to check that out....more pics anyway....even though this isnt a fan favorite.....lol.

Little bit further....needs to have headlights/tailights/Shell glass installed and she will be done.Pics----->

100_1503.jpg

100_1504.jpg

100_1505.jpg

I left the interior molded color (gray) cause it is basically a fancy curbside.And Im still looking for different wheels cause I know in 1995 (the year of this truck) most people werent rolling on 20" or more but come on!!!.Im thinking of trying to replicate this frame (and suspension of course) out of styrene for other builds because it is SOOOO adjustable.Anyway....Later and thanks for looking.

Little bit further....needs to have headlights/tailights/Shell glass installed and she will be done.Pics----->

I left the interior molded color (gray) cause it is basically a fancy curbside.And Im still looking for different wheels cause I know in 1995 (the year of this truck) most people werent rolling on 20" or more but come on!!!.Im thinking of trying to replicate this frame (and suspension of course) out of styrene for other builds because it is SOOOO adjustable.Anyway....Later and thanks for looking.

Looks real nice. Love the color!

I have a fully shaved version on the bench now... I will snap shots once it is in primer.

Looks real nice. Love the color!

I have a fully shaved version on the bench now... I will snap shots once it is in primer.

Sounds sweet....Im going to pick up at least one more of these and also go the whole shaven thing.Id love to find them as cheap as fatherdevine found his but I doubt it.Make sure to post up some pics.Later.

Getting close to being done with this one.Simple build Im trying to replicate "euro" style light (clear housing with colored insides) anyway....here are pics so far....thanks for lookin'.Later.

100_1514.jpg

100_1515.jpg

100_1516.jpg

100_1517.jpg

And this last one is a temporary tattoo I got from a vending machine at Pizza Hut.I was going to put it on top of the bed cover but got worried clear may eat it...lol.Anyone ever done that before....if so what happened.

100_1519.jpg