Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom build of progress thread ENDDATE JANUARY 31/09

sdrodder

Anyone have a 53 for grill with the canted quad headlights????

Hey Florian, did you ever come up with a grille? I was dogging through my boxes looking for a suitable engine for my 53 and ran across one. Let me know if you still need one.

i think i got the right stance, well i know i do now just if i can get around to taking some pictures. hopfully some time this week but a big project starts monday at work which could go super smooth or be a real nightmare, keep your fingures crossed for me and hopefully i can get some pictures up.

yo sdrodder can i enter this 69 charger daytona

it has alot more work to do all i did was try some paint on it and liked the color on it

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DSCN0932.jpg

thats why it has alot of work to still be done its a friggin amt

but hay it only costed me $4.00

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0936.jpg

DSCN0937.jpg

well nice to see you guys made some progress. Evil off course. Looks like you just painted it too so no biggy. Thanks crapn for sendin me my 53 ford grill and other related parts that he didnt need. Thanks alot. Well now we have 2 cars in the 70 and after class. Nice. Well i will try and make some more progress on my truck and see what i can do. You guys havein fun?

well nice to see you guys made some progress. Evil off course. Looks like you just painted it too so no biggy. Thanks crapn for sendin me my 53 ford grill and other related parts that he didnt need. Thanks alot. Well now we have 2 cars in the 70 and after class. Nice. Well i will try and make some more progress on my truck and see what i can do. You guys havein fun?

im havin some fun

its too bad that this is a 69 daytona so that would be in the 70's and under section wouldn't it?

I havnt done much work on my kustoms 36 coupe this weekend. But Ive been looking at alot of refrence pics from the web getting pics and ideas, Im trying to aquire as many pics and info that my head can stand.. referance is a huge part of my building and its half the fun too I enjoy watching the rest of you guys post pics they not only inspire but are great to look at too.. keep up the great work guys I hope to post some progress pics of mine soon...

Are We Havin Fun Yet ? hahahahhahah Bud Elllis Kustoms

Well Gang I did do some work tonight on my chasie The Kit has some nasty looking molded in exaust It needed to go So I hogged out the floorboards with my dremle and my #11 x-acto Im gonna haft to Z the rear of the frame too get the ride hight I want and of course make new floors too Stay tuned more pics too come :angry:

Bud Ellis Kustoms

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01379.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

well if there is only one in the 70's and up then it should be easy to win that section then :blink:

nah its going to be a 69 i have to give you guys some act of difficulty can't let you guys just wi n it you have to earn it:lol: :P:blink::P:blink::P

Well maybe depending on what the others build maybe the 2 classes are gone. If it is only one car in the 70s and up class then for me no point of having that class. Would be easier to have 1st 2nd 3rd 4th places then having 2 classes. What do you guys think. Well havent gotteen anything done today. Tryed to play with glitter and spraying it on a spare body but somehow the stuff sunk to the bottom and didnt come out. I have a cheap airbrush my dad got me to start. It has the can on the bottom. Is that the reason it didnt come out the glitter i mean. Well any help evil since you are the master of flake spraying on model cars? Looking good Kustoms. Looks great. Are you going to run lake pipes our dual exhaust out the back. Cal love the interior. Cant wait to see it done. Well tomorrow i have a whole day to myself. Gona finish my front end setup and start working on the rear. Well till tomorow. Also have to tell you guys. I have started on the scale auto a boyd coddington memory build. Well about 3 people joined and its not fun. You know why. First no progres like this is shared, 2 no tips are axchanged, 3 no people help the other out. Here it is different. First all 3 of the above listed items are exactly the opposite and also the people are more nicer. Some people found out that i was younger than most(14) and just wouldnt help me. Here it is different. You guys help me. Everyone here and i would like to thank you.

Edited by sdrodder

Well maybe depending on what the others build maybe the 2 classes are gone. If it is only one car in the 70s and up class then for me no point of having that class. Would be easier to have 1st 2nd 3rd 4th places then having 2 classes. What do you guys think. Well havent gotteen anything done today. Tryed to play with glitter and spraying it on a spare body but somehow the stuff sunk to the bottom and didnt come out. I have a cheap airbrush my dad got me to start. It has the can on the bottom. Is that the reason it didnt come out the glitter i mean. Well any help evil since you are the master of flake spraying on model cars? Looking good Kustoms. Looks great. Are you going to run lake pipes our dual exhaust out the back. Cal love the interior. Cant wait to see it done. Well tomorrow i have a whole day to myself. Gona finish my front end setup and start working on the rear. Well till tomorow. Also have to tell you guys. I have started on the scale auto a boyd coddington memory build. Well about 3 people joined and its not fun. You know why. First no progres like this is shared, 2 no tips are axchanged, 3 no people help the other out. Here it is different. First all 3 of the above listed items are exactly the opposite and also the people are more nicer. Some people found out that i was younger than most(14) and just wouldnt help me. Here it is different. You guys help me. Everyone here and i would like to thank you.

pm sent bro

I finally get to start my 55 Bel Air Friday. :D I have been waiting almost a month to get her started. :o It will be a Traditional mild Kustom, lowered, shaved trim, Baby Moons, lake pipes, and a 409. B)

I can hardly wait.

niether can i as i want to see.

Well got something done today. Decided to go with the dropped axel. Then put the pins in. Got some pics with the ride lowered and raised. Just need to finish it up tomorrow. Just need to put in the pins for the last time, epoxy everything and paint it up. Well whatcha think.

post-2836-1217283667_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1217283697_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1217283717_thumb.jpg

Whooohoo!

I just wanted to say thanks to a super great guy Bud Ellis for the chrome tree. came today!

Your very welcome Cal and thanks for the shouts It was the least I could do, too help a brother out keep buildin , your starliner is lookin great!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Your very welcome Cal and thanks for the shouts It was the least I could do, too help a brother out keep buildin , your starliner is lookin great!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

It's coming okay... not my best build ever

starint3.jpg

Well worked on my 50 today some more besides suspension. Got the front end kustomized. checked the other thread in the general section and saw someone else wanted to join but miseed it. Well i pm him and told him if he wanted to join come on. Its rollinolskool for those who want to know. Not a big deal only been 2 weeks since we started. Builds are looking great guys. Love the interior Cal. Have 2 give 2 shout outs. First it is to ######'n blaque for sendin me the grill i needed and a ton of other parts that he won use and thought i could. Great guy u are crapn. Thanks again. Also it goes to evilone. Everytime i have had a question bout paint he has helped me no questions asked and gave me a ton of helpfull hint even offered me to come by his house so he could show me how to spray stuff. Thanks evil fer the help. Glad you guys are havin fun and if there are any questions pm me. Well till tomorrow.

okay we have a new joine. Rollinolskool has joined. I told him bout the classes and he gave me a tip. If i make it 59 an older and 60 to present both classes would be occupied perfectly but that mainly depends on you guys if you want to do this or rather have 1 through 4th place. Let me know what you think.

It doesn't matter to me. Whatever you guys want to do. ;)

I been having fun, and it was good motivation. And it got me to build something besides another Porsche :blink::huh:

I just been having a bunch of nit-picky fights... :angry: ya know what I mean. Some build just go together like nothing and look good. Some are just a fight, not enough of one to hang it up (or mash it up into tiny little bits) :huh: , but just enough to start getting to you - because the errors, booboos and slip ups not so serious to warrent a redo but I know they are there. :(

Althought the color combo is turning out better than I though at first. It's just been a fight and I probably did things the hard way instead of the easy, but now I know so I build another Starliner or something similar how to go about doing it.

But I am probably going to be done way before the deadline maybe a 5-6 days 7 if I decied to vacuum form the new glass. :o I may have to do another. :lol:

sl1.jpg

Edited by CAL