Model Cars Magazine Forum

Impala Police Car

aquaflug

Wow that came out really nice! Love Police Cars! They demand respect.

Im am working on a Police Car from an old 80's batman movie. A 1977 Dodge Monaco.
Not real but does look like a great cop car from Gotham with a 440 engine!

On 5/9/2018 at 12:53 PM, aquaflug said:

Hi Doc ! That's nice, i like to see the result.....

I will Jan, just started it and Im very slow tho, lol. That Impala tho looks really nice. Well done!

Here is a side pic of the box and why I like yours so much.  Its an AMT batman kit, a 77 Dodge Monaco, Im not doing the silly goon car. A bit older than the year Revell made with the one you did, but hey.. They are both cool cop cars!

What is really funny is that the top lights are Red and Blue like it should be (and yours is the same too) in the kit. But if you look close at the box, they are both blue?? Hmm odd. Thank god they got the correct red/blue in the sprues tho with the kit, and No there is not another blue set either, so there must have been a changed parts somewhere. So odd how the kit and the box can be different, but thats AMT!

Gotham City Car box side.jpg

Edited by DrSprue

Hi Doc ! I had this Dodge Police car many years ago from japanese kit company, ( forgot the name , maybe  Aoshima  ???) but never finished. but for now , if you need the red and blue light bar, i have two in my ` not used parts box`. If you want some , give me your adress , and i send it to you ( free) . email : aquaflug01@ewetel.net         

On 5/13/2018 at 4:38 AM, aquaflug said:

Hi Doc ! I had this Dodge Police car many years ago from japanese kit company, ( forgot the name , maybe  Aoshima  ???) but never finished. but for now , if you need the red and blue light bar, i have two in my ` not used parts box`. If you want some , give me your adress , and i send it to you ( free) . email : aquaflug01@ewetel.net         

Oh no not at all. Thank you for the offer tho. What I was saying is that isn't it funny that the box shows two blue light bar lights and in the kit is one blue and one red,,, which is correct really. Just saying how funny the box people and the mold people are to never get together, like most ALL companies I have worked for.... no communication skills..haha!. Thank you tho aqua.

Besides and nothing personal, but I never share my personal info anywhere... way to risky on the net! My brother is still recovering from massive identity theft issues!

Edited by DrSprue