Model Cars Magazine Forum

2nd Invitational BBQ Model Car Fest

simonr

Here comes again this time of the year when take advantage of the good hot sun of our island to have a great day together outside with some good friends having a table with models, and a table with good food. Last year it was a blast at Ismael Gonzales' place, I hope to offer the best in my house this year, like he did.

This is the show where anyone is a winner!

Oh the greatness of modeling...a good excuse to have a good day with friends, food, beers, wine,...look foward for some pictures.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

We had a good time today.

We did this last year in my house and again today at Simon's.

The idea is simple: Meet at somebody's house with models and get BBQ food for it :(

We had Mike, Ruben, Ferdinand, Alex, Christian, Simon and me.

Simon will post more pictures later but I want to share these. Here is a link to the Fotki album: http://public.fotki.com/tatocorvette/scale...-casa-de-simon/

Here is a sample:

DSCF7967-vi.jpg

DSCF7973-vi.jpg

DSCF7982-vi.jpg

DSCF7986-vi.jpg

DSCF7994-vi.jpg

This is Simon's 1/43 scale 962 Porsche

DSCF8001-vi.jpg

DSCF8008-vi.jpg

DSCF8006-vi.jpg

DSCF8002-vi.jpg

DSCF8003-vi.jpg

Thanks,

Finally, I had some time to share the few pictures I could took, due to I was taking care of the fire. I'm sorry for the quality of some of them since I couldn't get my tripod to the area. First of all I would like to thanks all the guys that showed up to my house like: Ismael Goanzalez, Alex Renta, Ruben Tirado, and my son Ferdinand Rivera. Like you guys can see, we had a great time in a real hot July day with over 90 grades! As you guys will see, the models were the excuse to have this get together...friendsip and food was primary!...Thanks guys!

Simón

The troop arrivring. One of the highlights of the show...Mike Candelaria(with the shorts),..finally, after 5 years...he's back!

DSC_1025.jpg

Models over the table...even dinosaurs!

DSC_1047.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

Some great models of the show...

DSC_1030.jpg

DSC_1033.jpg

DSC_1035.jpg

DSC_1036.jpg

to be continued....

Now the long waited awards...a best in show for everyone!

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

DSC_1044.jpg

Minutes of silence...everyone enjoying the awards, look at Ismael Gonzales'face...a pictures says more than a thousand words!

DSC_1045.jpg

to be cont...ah, you guys know what follows!

Here Ismael trying to do ihs best to talk about car models, but,...the food force it's stronger...pay attention to Ruben Tirado(guys with black shirt at the center)...he as already in the clouds!

DSC_1050.jpg

Then was the moment to give the certificates of participation...strawberry cheesecake in 1/16 scale!

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1052.jpg

I don't know,but, I think tis picture should go to the UNDER GLASS section, since it's a well finished project!...what you guys think about?

DSC_1064.jpg

to be continued...