Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late 70s funny car front axle question

lou s

Does anyone have better pics or any idea how these straight axles were mounted.ive wanted to build this car for years but never could figure it out.pics of 2 different cars but the same streght axle configuration.if intone knows I'd like to here the history of the drop axle I see in the early 70s car to the late 70s streght axle to the 80s kits.thanks

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

Looks like it's solidly mounted on torsion bars with the chrome supports , but my eyes lie to me all the time .

j5XvTo1Y5Qh3jAv9ke31ZQ

or maybe it's solid , again the eyes 

build_2.JPG

the car changed so much as it was raced 

LA2010Rod-8270.jpg

Edited by oldnslow

Lou... I will have to post some front axles for you whe  I get home. I have some pics of Prudhommes Monza pr wait I may of Benn his Cuda (dont remember off the top of my head) when I was at the Garlits Museum a few years ago along with Kenny Bernstein's restored Budweiser Arrow that was a car show here in Arizona years ago. I am sure I have a bunch of other pics I have saved for reference of other funny cars that I can show you different styles the guys ran back then too.