Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 hemi dart pro street

m3m

Hey guys, well i wanted to build another pro street car, so i took an old build and rebuilt it!

I am new to styrene so i thought i would try and build a few things on this one. I made the roll bar, steering column, exhaust. Simple to you guys, but i gotta start somewhere! I have plans for better ones!

I cut out the center console, flocked it(3rd try at this stuff) my friend sent a hemi(offset to the passanger side) from a gtx kit i added a few wires, may add a NOS set up, and more wires, added tubbs from a chevelle kit, suspension (was missing parts so i made em) cut out the stock hood scoops-vents, added a scoop) and sanded off the vinyl roof. This was my first multi colored paint job(5), and yes it has flaws! But i tried new stuff, and had fun! Just a street car, maybe take it to the track, add slicks and have fun! Just watch out for speed bumps!

Thanks for looking!

What i started with.....

100_1225.jpg

100_4321.jpg

100_4311.jpg

100_4281.jpg

100_4316.jpg

100_4339.jpg

Edited by Jeryd

nice improvement. the multi color looks great it's funny how some thing can look so easy to do and it really isn't.I tried a (what I thought would be) a simple paint scheme using just two colors but it didn't work out as nicely as yours. keep up the great work.