Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx corny decals

ash74

Hello All

I am hoping you all might be able to help? I have Slixx Terry Labonte Corny decals. My question is, does anyone know where all the decals go? Or are there instructions somewhere? I am having trouble on the location of some off the decals. Thanks

Ash

Hello Old Coyote

Thanks for the reply. Brilliant build. I do have a few questions if you don't mind? Could you let me know the paint lines are? I am having trouble working where the green & yellow marked. There is one last question, There is a yellow decal that looks like a piece for the spoiler, but could see it as a piece for the roof as well? can you let me know where it should go? Any other painting or decal help would be much appreciated. If you have any? My apologies for the late reply. It's been a bit hectic here. Thank you again

Ash

Good morning Ash, hope all is going well down under.

I'm not sure I fully understand your questions, but I will try to help. First off, after painting the entire body gloss white, the remaining painted areas are the green "V" on the body and roof and the yellow spoiler. All the rest of the color on this car is off the Slixx decal sheet. The white separation lines between red and yellow decal sections and the boundary to the back edge of the green center "V" are included on the red and yellow stripe sections. The yellow decal you mentioned that could be for the spoiler or the roof actually goes across the back of the roof continuing the yellow stripe all the way across the car. It also has a white strip on it to create a separation between the yellow stripe and the green edge of the paint on the roof. Unfortunately the placement of these decals requires the green painted area in the center of the car and over the roof to be masked and positioned with great care. If not, the decal coloring stripes with their dividing white strips will not line up properly.

This is a very difficult paint and decal scheme to accomplish. Take your time and I'm sure you can complete a "Corny" Monte Carlo which will put mine to shame.

John

Hello Rick & John

Thank you for the help. Rick that sounds like a great idea. I will have go. Thanks. John, that is exactly what I wanted. Thank you. I very much doubt it will be anywhere as good as yours. I will be happy if I am satisfied that it looks OK, besides I have second lot, so this can be a practice!!!! I apologise for taking time replying. I have a sick child, the joys of winter... Thank you all

Ash