Model Cars Magazine Forum

Genes

Flat32

Was listening to a lecture on YouTube by a human behavior professor and found his approach to the subject quite entertaining as well as enlightening.  Nothing about how to build a model and not related to models except for maybe why we build them even though this particular activity isn't remotely mentioned.  Now I may be totally off base and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole listening to him while having model building saturating the dark corners of my pea sized brain.  I'm not a college grad, spent five years getting through high school, and probably had a grand total of three teachers I ever paid attention to. I'm a bit wary of a possible underlying agenda, but he does have substantial prominence in his field.

Turns out this model building might have a root in one or more of our primordial genes. Consider the possibility we are, in some small part, driven to it by genetic programming.

The reason for my interest in all this is figuring out how to pass my interests on to my grandsons and find it heartening to discover he probably has the genes just by being a male human. I think I found a way to link our different worlds through models and overlapping my interests with his seemingly totally different ones.

With the questions of how and why it works better if the why comes before the how.

Guy's name is Robert Sapolsky and his wife is a neurosurgeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA