Model Cars Magazine Forum

T-600 Wrecker and Chevy Bison

Hey all, I finally got a few more trucks pushed out the door, latest are the Chevy Bison daycab and T-600 wrecker. The bison is pretty much box stock shortened the frame about 1 1/2 inch. The wrecker was a tricky build using the sleeper from the W-900A and the cab and hood from the AMT T-600 kit. The wrecker body and rear frame half is from the Revell wrecker i bought off ebay as a gluebomb. the tailights were destroyed so i opted to fill them in and drill new ones. All in all doesnt look to bad. Thanks for looking enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30112639@N03/ (Im new to flickr so let me know if it doesnt work right)

What's goin' on...

Jason

I too use FlickR. To post pictures here on the MCM forum here's how ya do it.

Compose your MCM post then open a second web browser tab and go to FLickR homepage.

Find the picture you want to post in your photo stream and click on it.

Click "ALL SIZES" Across the top of the page it will show you this .....

Available sizes:

Square

(75 x 75) Thumbnail

(100 x 79) Small

(240 x 189) Medium

(500 x 393) Original

(896 x 704) icon_download.gifDownload the Original size

From there click the size picture you want to post.

Scroll down until you see this .... 2. Grab the photo's URL:

You'll see an address (Here's an example one of my pictrues URL here http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/281872...9cea91a35_o.jpg)

In the field where this URL address is click that all the way over to the right (at the end of the address)so it high-lights the URL address then on your keyboard push the CTRL key and then letter C. Both at the same time. This will copy the URL address.

Open the other browser that you have MCM (post) on. Just above the feild where you type your post are a series of icons. Click the 4th icon (the picture frame)from the RIGHT. When the curser is on that icon it'll say "Insert Image" click that. It will bring up a field that sayes

Explorer User Promt Script Prompt: Please enter the URL for this image.

In the feild will be "http://" high lighted. Delete that then click the empty field and hit on your computer's keyboard CTRL key an V key both at the same time.

This will paste your picture's URL address then click the "OK" icon.

This will insert the image in your MCM post such as this..... Good Luck!!!

By the way the Bison and T600 both look good.

2818728829_19cea91a35_o.jpg

Jason,

Great looking trucks. My favourite is the Chevy Bison. Do Chevroloet still make heavy Trucks or have they dropped out of the market? I have the Chevy Bison kit ready to be built sometime in the distant future. Just out of interest. Was an extended hood ever an optional extra on these and what was the biggest engines that could be fitted?

Best Wishes

Dave Bates

Chevrolet (like GMC) got out of the heavy-duty (US Class 8) truck market in the mid 1980s. The current comercial line-up of Chevrolet trucks includes the Kodiak, W-series, & T-series trucks. The biggest Kodiak is the C8500 tandem with a GVWR of up to 63000lbs, and the offer either the Isuzu 6H diesel or the Cat C7 deisel.

The latest (and only) brochure I could find for the Bison was 1980. It didn't mention anything about BBC dimensions, but I did get a good list of available engines. The standard was the 8V71N; or you could choose one of the following options depending on the model you wanted (singel vs. tandem rear axel): 6-71N, 6-71T, 6V-92TA, TTA, TTAC; 8V-71TA, TTA TAC; 8V-92TA, TTA, TTAC; NTC290, Formula 290, NTC 350, Formula 350, NTC 400, or 3406.

Right out of the box your Bison kit represents a 1977-78 truck.

Hope this helped.

• 2 weeks later...