Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack B Model

I’ve built model cars on and off since I was a kid, but never a truck, meaning a big truck or semi.

So I was thinking of getting a model of a Mack B model, (tractor), and I’m surprised that I haven’t been able to find one, either a newer issue or an older issue. Kind of hard to believe one has never been produced. 

So I guess I need an education.  We’re there ever any made? What’s available? Resin?

Thanks, Al

not by  any of the major model companys but there is an after market resin 1/25 scale b model and other mack models by a resin castor called aitm, American industrial truck models and he's right in your homestate of  nj. you'll have to by a mack r600 or dm 600 kit for a donor kit. he also sells engines trans, tires amd much more...check him out,  www.aitruckmodels.com

Edited by cappy625

I looked up American Industrial Truck Models. Looks like real nice stuff. I guess I’ll get to see some of it in person at NNL East next Saturday.

I’ll check out the First Gear B models also. I guess online.

In the meantime I picked up an AMT Mack R685ST and a White Freightliner cabover at Hobby Lobby. (Two models, two trips with the coupon, lol)

Thanks again for the information.

:):):)

AL,

You won't be disappointed in DAVE'S products (AITM}.   Have ordered several of his cab-kits, and various transmissions, engines, and small parts.  If everyone was as good to deal with as he is, and their products as high quality as his, you wouldn't even need a "complaint department"!!!!    Look forward to seeing which B-model you choose!!!!

DJ