Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Model Trucks Box Art

Hi, new here. I have a huge interest in the old AMT truck kits from the 70's, built a few back then in my childhood.

Specifically, I have been searching for information about the original artwork that was used to illustrate the AMT trucks in the 1970's.

I recently saw an expired posting selling the original artwork for the W-925 on Ebay. I couldn't get any info on the seller's username unfortunately.

I got an answer from Round2 Corp. that an artist by the name of Steve Wlazlo who worked at AMT in the 1970's may have created some of them. I'd love to know for sure. They seem very consistent in style which tells me it could have been a single artist.

I was told that the paintings were mostly considered commercial art and often given away to employees and friends and that today most of the artwork is in the hands of private collectors.

Also, I would be interested in purchasing one if there is a seller out there.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi, new here. I am digging around to get some information on the AMT truck kits box top art from the 70's.

Who the artist was, if any of those originals are available somewhere out there for purchase.

I recently saw the original artwork for the W-925 on Ebay, a once in a lifetime sighting, but I couldn't get any info on it. I've attached an image of the original art.

Hoping someone here may be able to help with some information? 

$_1.JPG

Lenny who once owned Fantastic Plastics from Hay Terrace in Easton PA had some prototype box art from AMT truck kits but he retired and I lost contact.  If you can locate him he maybe helpful, he had a lot of knowledge about AMT.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:41 PM, palette1 said:

I got an answer from Round2 Corp. that an artist by the name of Steve Wlazlo who worked at AMT in the 1970's may have created some of them. I'd love to know for sure. They seem very consistent in style which tells me it could have been a single artist.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

http://www.bonediggers.com/2-1/wlazlo/wlazlo.html