Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup Pro Street

On 10/23/2022 at 8:09 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Hello again Bob,

The good thing is that we learn things and have a good time making models, it's what you might call a win-win situation.

I am what I dare to call an open-minded person and I can take a criticism or a positive observation (as you did), it only adds to my knowledge on the subject, that is what this forum is for I think.

Rest assured that my next build will have all the steel fuel piping from the back to the front (thanks to you) because I'm not thinking of building a plug-in electric car at this time.  We will probably be forced to switch to this mode of transportation sooner or later but I don't think I will switch to this type of motorization for my scale models... 😉

Francis

Thanks for understanding. All to often we get misunderstood and it never ends well.

Maybe the only thing left after all the EV cars take over is our models!!?? I know I won't be doing any model builds of EV cars.

Have a great day and keep us informed of the next build.

• Thanks 1

I have just taken about three days to get through much of the thread and what a treat!  I agree with so many of the other’s comments that this is one of the finest examples of modeling I’ve ever seen.  Not that my paltry support is of much meaning, but you should be very proud of what you’ve built and consider yourself among the most elite in the hobby.  I understand humbleness, however, you ARE among those folks!

Great job and thanks for documenting so that we could marvel in your skills!

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 5:04 AM, Dragline said:

THe FINEST model I have ever seen in my paltry 57 years.

Bravo Sir....

Thanks for the nice comment Bob!

It's been really fun to build and I've met a lot of good guys along the way and that's the best part of this forum for me!

I will be back soon with another project.

Francis

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ScrappyJ said:

I have just taken about three days to get through much of the thread and what a treat!  I agree with so many of the other’s comments that this is one of the finest examples of modeling I’ve ever seen.  Not that my paltry support is of much meaning, but you should be very proud of what you’ve built and consider yourself among the most elite in the hobby.  I understand humbleness, however, you ARE among those folks!

Great job and thanks for documenting so that we could marvel in your skills!

Wow!!!  Thanks for the superlatives Dirk but be assured that every comments and mark of supports count a lot for me.

I've spent 4 years (let's say hobby season) in my basement working on this thing and comments like yours are the fuel that gives me motivation and keeps me going!

I'm in the process of cleaning up my ideas (there are just too many subject that tempt me) and I'll be back with a new project, I hope you'll be along for the ride!

Francis