Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '77/78 GMC pickup

ranma

Though I like the '77/78 GMC kit's There are a few things I dislike about them as well. One of the biggest is all the "after market" crud ! The steering wheel, intake manifold are to me Crud I don't want! I want a stock steering wheel, Intake manifold, carb and air cleaner added to these kit's! But Doubt Revell would ever do that. After market equipment is fine and all,  but I want to build these as when they left the factory as a option to using the after market thing's... Just my two cents worth!

The Stepside kit that just came out has your Intake Manifold, and other parts. Oddly, they are on the same tree with the Stepside Fenders, which explains why you cannot get them in the Snowplow or Big Game GMC smoothsides. A really ODD tool layout choice by Monogram 40 years ago.

As far as the Factory Steering Wheel, you'll have to steal that from a different kit. Not sure which one. I'll bet that the Monogram 1/24 Blazer uses the same Chrome tree from the truck series, so it retains the Aftermarket Steering Wheel. The Monogram 1980 Citation X, might have a stock Chevy S.W. Hard to tell from the Instruction Sheet. The Heavy Chevy Malibu might be a candidate as well.

Also, the New Stepside kit has a really great set of GM Corporate Truck Wheels. I'll be getting a kit for those alone.

• 1 month later...