Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvino JR suspension on MPC chassis

6883michaelw

One of these days I'll learn to start posting my Nascar projects here. Instead of reposting everything I'll just tell everyone to go to "On The Workbench" for the my progress on this one and the Impala Grand National. 

20200314_110413.jpg

20200314_114534.jpg

20200308_102649.jpg

Edited by 6883michaelw

Michael, that side view look's awesome. You knocked the stance outta the park!

Both of the two times I was initially going to use the Salvino's rear axle housing/suspension, (once on a Polar Lights Charger chassis and on the Olds) after looking at it for a while I went with an AMT T-Bird piece as it seemed to be more filled out and in-scale.

John

28 minutes ago, john843 said:

Michael, that side view look's awesome. You knocked the stance outta the park!

Both of the two times I was initially going to use the Salvino's rear axle housing/suspension, (once on a Polar Lights Charger chassis and on the Olds) after looking at it for a while I went with an AMT T-Bird piece as it seemed to be more filled out and in-scale.

John

Thanks John, there are 2 different models pictured. The top 2 are the Chevelle with Salvino parts. The bottom is the James Hylton Bub Stricklin 70 Impala that I used the AMT Grand Prix parts on. Both models have threads in "On The Workbench". Impala is about ready for paint. Working on engine now. Will be posting a lot more pics soon. Chevelle was something I started working on again just because I needed a small break from Impala

20200302_180158.jpg

Edited by 6883michaelw

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gks1964 said:

Looking good! The AMT parts are much nicer.

Thanks and I agree, but the Salvino parts just kind of fall right in place. This was a fun build anyway to show what MPC should and probably could have done back in the day. That and I needed a break from the Impala which I am using AMT parts on. They absolutely do look much more accurate.

20200226_160145.jpg

Edited by 6883michaelw