Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari F430 Challenge "Shark Nose"

THANK YOU Brendan, great race I heard, but taped it, so I'll have to see the pathetic coverage. :D

:P paint it red...or blue! I like the Corsa 300 and 322 but those Scuderias :P

Oh man what beauties! :D

Out of a 4 hour race, they had about 2 hours of yellow and about 2 hours of actual racing. On top of that, they had a new Volkswagen V10 Diesel running and spraying the crown with diesel fuel as it went by. So yes, it was a good race. :o

Out of a 4 hour race, they had about 2 hours of yellow and about 2 hours of actual racing. On top of that, they had a new Volkswagen V10 Diesel running and spraying the crown with diesel fuel as it went by. So yes, it was a good race. :D

Yeah, that's kind of sad for a finale but hey, my dad said it was a good one, he liked the pass Kanaan did in the Corkscrew :P

VW V10 diesel??????? :o:P;) Whaaaa???? VWs gettin in this??? :D

Brendan, fantastic pics. That'll work great for me for detailing.

Rey, fantastic pictures. That should help with my project immensely. Although I see your kit has he "correct" challenge body.

The body in my kit does not have any of the holes cut for the Challenge pieces. I'm not quite sure what F430 body I have. I've since gotten the holes cut out. Looks like you have a lot more work involved than I had planned. I'm going to have to sit down and look at mine a little harder now. You've certainly opened my eyes. Thank You!

Chris

• 11 months later...

Slow progress on the car, but I want to have a real looking Challenge car. Fun for me takes time too! LOL

Anyway, got a set of Eduard photo etch seat belts done, just need to put the latch together.

f430u-vi.jpg

f430v-vi.jpg

Have another seatbelt set I am painting now just in case I don't care for the look of this one. Getting some practice in on carbon fiber decals too. Not going to be overly done with CF, but enough to notice it. Again, something I am learning to work with.

Chris

So I now have the interior pan finished. Here are a couple of pictures. I'm going to start on some carbon fiber for the engine tub as I wasn't happy with my first time around. A few new tips and patience and I should have a better looking tub this time.

f430w-vi.jpg

f430z-vi.jpg

f430a1-vi.jpg

If you are so inclined I have explanations on what I've done to the car on each picture at my fotki.

Chris