Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

screwhead's build thread

screwhead

hi

some of you might know me as southside groovin from layitlow.com. i just found this place like 3 days ago and i love it here. this thread will be for all my builds and projects, so i can keep track of where they're all at. i hope you all enjoy and you can feel free to post any comments or critcism in here.......

ill start off with my finished builds

my 41 chevy truck

truck2.jpg

truck9.jpg

truck8.jpg

truck7.jpg

truck6.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck3.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

acura integra built a loooong time ago but its still around here hiding somewhere

teggy4.jpg

teggy3.jpg

67 vette that my dog destroyed when he was a pup

finspeedster.jpg

58 impala that will be replaced and sold as soon as i can figure out how to get it out of the display case

58_motor_2.jpg

58_motor_1.jpg

58_fin_5.jpg

58_fin_4.jpg

58_fin_3.jpg

58_bottom.jpg

gotta get to bed right now but will post more after work tomorrow....

:) DUDE, that 41 pickup is killer, an that Caddy(I like Caddy's) is PIMPIN! Those are some really nice rides(all of them), You've made quite an enterance! Welcome to the Best model car website on the PLANET! you'll like it here, an just keep on postin the pics, caz they's some cool lookin rides! :D

thanks for the nice words everyone. these are mostly old builds. some i still have and some are dead and gone i wanted to post my few ongoing builds this weekend but i just havent had much time to get on. as you can tell i build mostly lowriders, but i do occasionally branch out, and i think in 09 i might be branching out a lot more than i usually do. be on the lookout for more pics in the coming week and once again thanks for all the kind words......

thanks for the nice words everyone. these are mostly old builds. some i still have and some are dead and gone i wanted to post my few ongoing builds this weekend but i just havent had much time to get on. as you can tell i build mostly lowriders, but i do occasionally branch out, and i think in 09 i might be branching out a lot more than i usually do. be on the lookout for more pics in the coming week and once again thanks for all the kind words......

cool rides you need to do more musle cars like camaro's or chevelle's

but your lo lo look good

cool rides you need to do more musle cars like camaro's or chevelle's

but your lo lo look good

thanks! im waitin on a camaro to get shipped right now that im gonna build to go in my garage for shows and contests. also gettin ready to start on some more trucks and ive got a semi project in the works too....

ok everyone, i got a little time tonight so i thought id post up some more pics.....

1st up, my workshop. a lot has changed since these pics were taken but it was a lot cleaner back then. i live in the house i grew up in that i inherited from my mom and this is my childhood bedroom transformed

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

next up are what i want to call ongoing projects. these were started but still not finished for 1 reason or another, but i plan on finishing them all someday...

my 65 impala

DSCF0599.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0976.jpg

DSCF0975.jpg

DSCF0989.jpg

Edited by screwhead

my 64 impala "tangelicious". it was a project i was building for an "all out" buildoff for a huge prize but i decided my skills were more important than any prize. when finished, it will have hinged doors that latch, hinged trunk and hood, fully plumbed and wired engine and hydraulic setup and fully poseable, molded and chromed suspension. this will be my most detailed build ever but right now its on the back burner because i cant figure out how to make working balljoints

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

DSCF1402.jpg

DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1431.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

DSCF1433.jpg

Edited by screwhead

revell enzo on hold due to bad paint

DSCF2304.jpg

DSCF2340.jpg

escalade ext. i actually dont know why this is on hold

DSCF2133.jpg

since everyone likes the 41, heres some stuff on it that rarely gets seen...

hand painted woodgrain in the bed..

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2580.jpg

hood will work someday when i get the courage to take it apart and rebuild it..

DSCF2503.jpg

DSCF2502.jpg

a few random shots of my garage dio...

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg

DSCF1472.jpg

will post more tomorrow. lame ass photobucket has me wore out :lol:

Edited by screwhead