Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Couch for diorama.

CHR1S619

:lol: I think it was at Martinsville Speedway back in uh I beleive 92-3, there was a guy selling radios like that that looked like 59 Cadillacs. I took several pictures of the exibit too. He was also building some Desoto Couches similar to youre 63 Impala. Now if you were to perhaps do a den or rumpus room witha television set and some figgures , hey you would have it made ! Look , theres room for all aspects of this hobby in here. Just look at me I spend my time building service stations! Ed Shaver

B) I think it was at Martinsville Speedway back in uh I beleive 92-3, there was a guy selling radios like that that looked like 59 Cadillacs. I took several pictures of the exibit too. He was also building some Desoto Couches similar to youre 63 Impala. Now if you were to perhaps do a den or rumpus room witha television set and some figgures , hey you would have it made ! Look , theres room for all aspects of this hobby in here. Just look at me I spend my time building service stations! Ed Shaver

Yeah, I had seen a 57 chevy like it. That's how I got the idea.

That looks good! Sure beats the one I started to do a while back out of an old 49 Merc. I never could get the seat to look right and just put it up before I took a hammer to it. Once I get back into the swing of things, I might have to dig it out and fiddle with it some more.

I was also doing a "Redneck Jacuzzi" out of an old Ford Pickup bed. I never could get that one to look right either. With the info on here about dioramas and what's available in the aftermarket now, I just might pull that one out too.

-Scott H.

i did that too except with a 05 300C

pics007.jpg

pics009.jpg

pics008.jpg

and since i chopped the rear of the car of, i decided to make a desk outta the front, still got some work to do to it

pics038.jpg

pics039.jpg

and when i get back to workin on my shop im gonna add LEDs to em so the headlights n taillights light up B)

• 1 month later...
i did that too except with a 05 300C

pics007.jpg

pics009.jpg

pics008.jpg

and since i chopped the rear of the car of, i decided to make a desk outta the front, still got some work to do to it

pics038.jpg

pics039.jpg

and when i get back to workin on my shop im gonna add LEDs to em so the headlights n taillights light up :angry:

That's a cool desk & a nice idea!! I might try to do one.

• 1 month later...
Hey Chris great idea. You have some very unique subject matter there. I need to get one of these in my shop dio that I'm building. I knew I was missing something. I think I just found it. Great job.

:) Cool thanks! I'm building another one fir a friend. It's a rear end if a 58 impala.

• 2 weeks later...