Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Guys, heres my Kenworth T600 Day Cab. Paint is Testors Gloss Yellow. The Paint Turned out Amazing. Ill have to Get some Outdoor Pictures. The Headache Rack is off a 1:32 Peterbilt Car Carrier Diecast. Chains from dollorstore, but I just broek the links and made them the size I wanted. Ill get a Mockup Pic of the Frame soon. Let me know what you think.

100_2772.jpg

100_2774.jpg

very nice mock up!! I love the color.. the color and fenders scream a detachable gooseneck or the amt dump trailer.. be careful of the hood hinges, very easy to break them if not careful, also mine didnt quite fit together correctly a little modification and worked like a champ.

I like it. Looks really nice. My only critique: the chains are way out of scale. It looks like each like is about 1ft scale long. No one would be able to lift them. They're for chaining things to a flatbed, not anchoring a battleship.

Of the drivers out there, what size chain is usually used in the trucking industry?

Looks grsat.

A soure for scale chain is Model Shipways. They sell various sizes of anchor chain for ship modelers. Not real expensive, already weathered to look rusted and it looks great. I use stock number MS 1484 it's blackened bras chain 9 links per in ch making each line just short of 3 inches long in 1/24 scale. They also sell one that is 15 linke per inch making the links just about 1.5 inches in 1/24 scale.

Model Expo sells it Model Shipway chain