Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 SVT F-150 Lightning

Clay

I started this one awhile back and finally got the time to snap some pictures. As of now all the paint is Tamyias semi gloss black, gunmetal, and steel. Havent really thought about a color yet. I have to go and look and see what I got out in the garage. (Not much) So lets get on to the pictures.

The chassis is done.

99Lightning001.jpg

99Lightning002.jpg

99Lightning003.jpg

99Lightning004.jpg

99Lightning005.jpg

Comments welcome.

Edited by Clay

How am I ever going to wedge all of that chassis, engine and interior into a '53 Ford hauler?!

I guess I'll have to use a little "magic dust"! :P:lol:

You know,

...a little for the model, a little for me...

...a little more for the model, a little more for me...

...a little more for me, a little more for me... :P:lol:

Oh, back to the topic at hand...nice work!! Those are really cool looking trucks!!

Later,

Ok well, thanks to my buddy Ed Shaver who said it is possible, I decided to try this on a couple of junk cabs.

99Lightning006.jpg

Using the front half of this one

99Lightning007.jpg

Using the back of this one.

99Lightning008.jpg

99Lightning009.jpg

99Lightning010.jpg

99Lightning011.jpg

99Lightning012.jpg

And this is where I am not sure what to do next.

99Lightning013.jpg

Any help?

And in the process... another van incident.

Oops001.jpg

Oops002.jpg

Edited by Clay

Ok well, thanks to my buddy Ed Shaver who said it is possible, I decided to try this on a couple of junk cabs.

99Lightning006.jpg

Using the front half of this one

99Lightning007.jpg

Using the back of this one.

99Lightning008.jpg

99Lightning009.jpg

99Lightning010.jpg

99Lightning011.jpg

99Lightning012.jpg

And this is where I am not sure what to do next.

99Lightning013.jpg

Any help?

And in the process... another van incident.

Oops001.jpg

Oops002.jpg

I glad that they taught us first aid in boot camp.

STOP THE BLEEDING,TREAT THE WOUND,TREAT FOR SHOCK. I cant remember the whole thing but that should be close enough

Justin2020

i think the part that will be the most challenging (i believe you said "this is where im stuck at" ) would be to graft both sections of the cab together

this calls for a combination of styrene (to make the transisionairy body panel) and puddy (to smoothen it out)

i have styrened before but i've never puttied a model (at least none that i am willing to show)

but hang in there, there is many a member on here who will be able to give you good avice on how to acomplish this

my question is, what will you do with the bed ?

shorten it?

or are you going to extend the frame ?

or just redneck it and build a bed out of lollypop sticks ?

I glad that they taught us first aid in boot camp.

STOP THE BLEEDING,TREAT THE WOUND,TREAT FOR SHOCK. I cant remember the whole thing but that should be close enough

Justin2020

Did all that the only problem is that this cut actually limits my hand movement.

i think the part that will be the most challenging (i believe you said "this is where im stuck at" ) would be to graft both sections of the cab together

this calls for a combination of styrene (to make the transisionairy body panel) and puddy (to smoothen it out)

i have styrened before but i've never puttied a model (at least none that i am willing to show)

but hang in there, there is many a member on here who will be able to give you good avice on how to acomplish this

my question is, what will you do with the bed ?

shorten it?

or are you going to extend the frame ?

or just redneck it and build a bed out of lollypop sticks ?

The other thing I plan on doing is extending the frame. Thats all. And thats only if I can do this. Dont really want to mess up a good kit.

• 3 weeks later...

hay clay. sorry about the finger. figured with the kids you would have a spiderman band-aid on there.

hay on that frame extension thing I would recommend that you make the cut on the frame right behind where the cab floor is, the rails look to be the straightest there. then extend the drive shaft in the middle.(easier to sand and file) and the exhaust right behind the muffler. that is what has been the best for me anyway.

hay boss know the deal with time against you. I don't mean to be impatiant ;) ,but this built has me interested

ps. happy to hear about the finger. :blink:

Yeah its got me to, just got too many other things to worry about. Got 2 kids, gotta get the house cleaned up for Thanksgiving, then got to get out the Christmas lights and go through them, you guys know how fun that is.....

Yeah its got me to, just got too many other things to worry about. Got 2 kids, gotta get the house cleaned up for Thanksgiving, then got to get out the Christmas lights and go through them, you guys know how fun that is.....

Buy one of thost pre lit trees. up and bright in 15 min. then back to the workbench. hahahahaha

is that befor or after they are "warmed up"

if its befor then its not as fun as when they are completely "warmed up"

it smells like dinner is being cooked when it really isn't LOL

happy gobble gobble day bro

after dinner get back to the bench to burn off them calories and get that truck done

you have abunch of fans for it but hay there is no pressure LOL

Ok boys and girls, got some paint laid down on the Lightning.

The interior is done in Fabric black and gray. Still got to do the tub. I will detail the door panels and dash when they have dried.

99Lightning014.jpg

And now its time for the body color. I have sprayed a couple coats of Krylons Sun yellow. Just need to spray another coat on the accesories.

99Lightning015.jpg

99Lightning016.jpg

99Lightning017.jpg

99Lightning018.jpg

More to come at a later date.

Anyone know how to turn the autocopy back on in photobucket?

Later,

Edited by Clay

Ok now that everyone is asleep, except me (go figure), I got alot of work done on this thing. Even tackled a few other projects, but this topic is for the lightning.

Got the interior done and a few mock ups done.

99Lightning019.jpg

99Lightning020.jpg

99Lightning021.jpg

Doesnt seem like much but it is for me right now.