Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok Once more unto the breach. My third attempt at getting Sonny Pruitts greea beauty right.

I was able to score another Movin On kit on the 'bay for ridiculous money (<40 bucks) so I'm gonna try it again.

Coming from a family of Truckers (both Uncles on Mom's side were Independents and later owned LTL companies dad's brother drove for a number of manufacturers and materials companies), Movin' On was one of my all time favorite shows right up there with Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I know that KW built two special rigs for the show under the VIT program. That program added a larger bunk and some other mechanicals. I can get most fo the broad strokes right. Unfortunately, the only references I can get my grubby paws on are grainy screen captures from third generation VHS tapes.

I pretty sure the green was either a fine Flake or a Pearl. I was wondering if anybody has the PPG codes for that Green or if there is a reasonable match in either the off the shelf model paint lines or through the H-O-K line.

Thanks,

Doc

doc;

if you get a paint chip from newburgh auto on north broadway, i'll see what i can do about getting a touch up bottle made of the color at ARF supply in pough. 2 oz touch up tube(smallest they can make)(ford tubes are 1/2 - 1 oz and were more then I was paying at ARF years ago) is usually 11.00, and its accepted manufacture paint for all the local body shops.

I had a contact in newburgh that was doing H O K colors but couldn't do as small as a 2oz touch up bottle.... i just add thinner lets say 50-75% more for ease of flow, and can shoot from airbrush at 12-15 psi hope this helps, i usually use 3oz paasche bottle and total is lil more then an 1.5oz in bottle and sprays well to this point

bill d

Ok Once more unto the breach. My third attempt at getting Sonny Pruitts greea beauty right.

I was able to score another Movin On kit on the 'bay for ridiculous money (<40 bucks) so I'm gonna try it again.

Coming from a family of Truckers (both Uncles on Mom's side were Independents and later owned LTL companies dad's brother drove for a number of manufacturers and materials companies), Movin' On was one of my all time favorite shows right up there with Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I know that KW built two special rigs for the show under the VIT program. That program added a larger bunk and some other mechanicals. I can get most fo the broad strokes right. Unfortunately, the only references I can get my grubby paws on are grainy screen captures from third generation VHS tapes.

I pretty sure the green was either a fine Flake or a Pearl. I was wondering if anybody has the PPG codes for that Green or if there is a reasonable match in either the off the shelf model paint lines or through the H-O-K line.

Thanks,

Doc

Go to my site, then the Contents page and near the bottom is the link to Movin'On. There is a photo/scan with the paint names but not the codes (drat).

Tim[

quote name='Cornpatch' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:53 PM' post='132127']

:P

docf225

Go to this site WWW.TIMSTRUCKS.COM as you look thru here you will find a link to the Movin On site. Pictures and all. You also might want to ask Tim what the colors are on that truck are, he will probley know.

Hope this helps you.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I could come up with using the information from the promo flier on Tims' site and my access to the Dupont computer.

Ivy Bronze: The 4334b number is no longer used. A search with Dupont returned a paint code 5331, if you cross reference this with the PPG computer you get code 2360 "green fire poly" a Ford color from 1972/73. (OEM paint code 4D)

White: is numbered on the flier as a lacquer, and using just the Dupont 21667 number I found PPG code 2185 a generic white color.

Lime: Dupont shows two codes, 5181 is Dodge Sublime green, (not the color on the truck) and code 5504, PPG code 2674 lime Green, a Chevrolet truck color from 1974. (OEM paint code 517)

All these colors can be mixed at any good automotive paint shop.

Parchment & Green Splendor are interior colors? I couldn't find any paint info on them.

I hope this helps.

Jameston