Model Cars Magazine Forum

Arii Wheel and Tire sets?

Does anyone know what happened or why Arii stopped making these real rubber tire and wheel sets?.

They were my favorite.They only made four different wheel styles, each set on a spruce tree.

Model Empire used to sell all four styles in one set package.They tell me they can't get them any more and don't know if they ever will again.

Does anyone here have the scoop on Arii?

Rowdy

I believe it was from lack of sales mostly. If you look there is still a few of them around. Have you checked E-Bay?? Just a thought!!! I really liked their wheels too but it seems the majority of builders are going to the large 20"-24" wheels and I believe the market for those '70's-80's mags have kinda gone soft. I guess its a sign of the times!!! KT

Yates - Are you after a specific set of the Arii wheels & tires? I picked up a couple over the years for use on my Mad Max models, and got a wrong one somewhere along the line.

The ones I needed were the ones on the far right; the oddball ones are the second from the right. Sorry for the iffy pic; I grabbed it off Google.

ari301.jpg

Email me off the board if you might be interested in them.