Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's my first attempt at painting True Fire

Brian Nehring

Good lookin' flames, nice color and layout. Keep it up. Now is a tough time to start a custom paint business with the economy down, so good luck! You've got the talent thing down.

Where I live is one of the few places in the country the economy is thriving. Oil exlporation has greated a boom and there is more jobs than workers here right now. Lots of young people with alot of money and toys to spend it on.

Brian

I finally opened up the new Nova I bought a couple of months ago. I thought it would be a perfect subject to practice some true fire on. The black base is House of Kolor and the flame colors are from the Sherwin Williams Planet Color line. This is my first attempt at painting a model in this style of flames. I stil have some tweaking to do on my technique but just like I taught myself to paint traditional hot rod style flames, it just takes practice. I still have to clear it, will probably do that later on tonight.

Brian

truefirenova01.jpg

That's a beautiful job. I wish I could afford a spray gun so I could try some of those tricks, but it looks like I'll be stuck with spray cans until my next life.