Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bill Elliot Bud T-bird

ABNSPR

This was a quick build using all acrylics (Ironlak from Hobby Lobby. The decals were a bit of an issue being 20+ year old after market markings. AS with all of my builds, this one is fine for sitting on a shelf and looking at from a distance, with squinted eyes, in the dark.IMG_20210101_135136567_HDR_2.thumb.jpg.bd697f81bf07afa246ac484750d2fefd.jpgIMG_20210101_135554320_2.thumb.jpg.73cabaa00f77a0d0078e203adc691310.jpgIMG_20210101_135454811_2.thumb.jpg.fb735b7ca80c9720fc11a8e1230cb0bb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Know Bill personally when he used to come out to the Washington Western 500 at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe Wa during the 80's I worked the safety crew when I wasn't racing myself 

Very real and down to earth 

You car Car brought back memories thanks 

23 hours ago, Vince66 said:

Know Bill personally when he used to come out to the Washington Western 500 at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe Wa during the 80's I worked the safety crew when I wasn't racing myself 

Very real and down to earth 

You car Car brought back memories thanks 

Bill was always class and that is why I was always a fan. Everything except that song he did, poor guy cannot sing. 

2 hours ago, Kmidd65 said:

Looks great to me!  The front suspension on that kit always gives me issues.  Thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you, Kirk. Yeah I go one side at a time and cut the springs down so they are just there. The Laughlin cars are much more user friendly and I can’t help but wonder how accurate these are since they were based on movie cars.