Model Cars Magazine Forum

Log forwarder Current W.I.P.

Tim; Forwarders are used in areas where it is not practical to cut additional logging roads...usually heavy forest/rough terrain...the basically pick up "bucked" logs; and carry them out to the logging "deck" and drop them into piles, where the loader puts them on highway trucks bound for the mill......matt

Matt,

Very interesting looking project. I was just trying to work out where the donor parts were from? Paystar radiator, Cummins from an AMT truck, front wheels from the International tractor, rear wheels from?????? Is this all wheel drive? What will you use for transmissions? I like the dark green colour and the weathering.

Good Luck with the rest of the project and keep us posted.

Best Wishes

Dave Bates.

PS this would be a great load for one of Tim's (studioman3) low boys.

Dave; your are correct on all the parts! The front tires are the 4430 john deere tires; but they are resins that I did; with rim outers on BOTH sides; so they can be used on either side....the rear tires are resin copies from the John Deere backhoe....Yes the forwarder is 6 wheel drive; I used modified ZF axles for the rear drives (monster truck kits) and the front is the transaxle assembly from the Backhoe as well; I just cut it free from the little Yanmar that as molded in the kit. I have just finished up the crane/grapple; and ALL of the functions are operable....took forever to make all the little parts....but I am happy with the way it turned out; and will post more pix soon............matt

Edited by monkeyclaw

• 2 weeks later...