Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Charger completed!!!!!!

cruz

Cruz, my friend...your work never ceases to impress!

You nailed this with all the right touches...dog dish hubcaps, the perfect color, and the prettiest model year of all the Chargers, at least in my book.

Dang!

Thanks Dan, even if you are bias to the Dodge trademark!!! :lol::lol: In actuality, it was one of your builds that also inspired me to do this one, I remember you bringing a Dodge model to the meeting and it had the dogdish hub cabs but I thought you made the rear tires wider, what was it, a Coronet??? ;)

Thanks Dan, even if you are bias to the Dodge trademark!!! :lol::lol: In actuality, it was one of your builds that also inspired me to do this one, I remember you bringing a Dodge model to the meeting and it had the dogdish hub cabs but I thought you made the rear tires wider, what was it, a Coronet??? ;)

Could it have been that "horribly proportioned" Polar Lights Coronet?

65Coronetd-vi.jpg

65Coronet-vi.jpg

I also went with poverty caps on the Lindberg 330...

1964HemiDodge330PhotocourtesyofMikeCole3-vi.jpg

I added PE door locks, I forgot to include them, also installed my license plate and added the small Chrysler badge just behind the front passenger wheel.

68Chargermodel008.jpg

68Chargermodel013.jpg

68Chargermodel004.jpg

I am glad the old Maryland license plates were blue, it went with the car's color!! ;)

68Chargermodel010.jpg

I also dipped some black detailer onto the gas cap to bring it it's subtle details as well as the side foiled windows and other small parts!!

68Chargermodel007.jpg

Thank you for all your comments guys, I really appreciate them!!!!! ;)

Just have to second what has already been said: That is one sweet model! I just love the understated look of the color together with the steel rims and the dogdishes, looks like a predator waiting for its prey. And that vinyl top is probably the best I have ever seen on a model, it sure came out nice!

Edited by Olle F

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Cruz, I have been away from the forum for quite a while, this thing is really awesome, was kinda hoping you had this finished. Loved the way the vinyl roof turned out, feels like I could just smear it with a bit of Armor and keep it nice and shiny :D:D It is simple with the dog dish hub caps but believe me, that thing says a lot man, perfectly done.

I Got to say I agree 100% with the Superb comment :o That is exact how my Fullsize would have looked, if I was able to by it back when I was 18 B)

Now for my Complaints

1) It's not big enough to fit my BIGG Ol' Butt behind the wheel

2) It's not sitting in my Dream Garage

3) You Completely Spelled my name wrong on the Plate!!!

Let me know when you have corrected those mistakes, and I'll give my address so you can send it right away.... :o:P;):blink::huh::o