Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie Trailer

Clay

As the title states I have to wait on the instructions from Mark. But I got some mock up shots. As I stated in another topic, IO am looking for a van to pull it but its not a must have. If no van kit is offered then it will be the long distance trailer for the Avanti Salt Licker, or I might build another tow rig for it. I don't know yet really. It all depeneds on what paint I have when it comes time to finish. Enough talking!!!! Picture time!!!!!!!

I will tell you one thing though, this thing was a pain to get mock ups.

Galaxie24trailer001.jpg

Galaxie24trailer002.jpg

Galaxie24trailer003.jpg

This car barely fit, it had to go over the wheel humps.

Galaxie24trailer004.jpg

Edited by Clay

Looks like a good start!

I have this kit buried somewhere in my collection, but never even opened the box. I'll definitely be watching this to see how it goes together for you and to see what I might run into when building mine.

Since it's raining and looks like it is not going to stop any time soon according to the weather channel, do you want me to dig mine out and scan the instructions for it? Let me know if you want them and I'll start on the search and destroy mission!

-Scott H.

Just an Idea Clay, but get a sheet of aluminum BMF for the floor, that's what I used and it looks realistic.

I actaully thought of that, but I only have one sheet, And I have no way of getting anymore unless I drive about an hour to either Charleston or Savannah.

Looks like a good start!

I have this kit buried somewhere in my collection, but never even opened the box. I'll definitely be watching this to see how it goes together for you and to see what I might run into when building mine.

Since it's raining and looks like it is not going to stop any time soon according to the weather channel, do you want me to dig mine out and scan the instructions for it? Let me know if you want them and I'll start on the search and destroy mission!

-Scott H.

Thanks but Blueman Mark is sending me a set via snailmail, but if you want to dig go ahead and dig. That way the kit can be on top when you want to start it. Its a great kit. The hardest thing I have had trouble with was getting the sides to stay where they needed to be.

Will definitely be watching the build on this.............I picked one up (unbuilt) at a garage sale earlier in the year for $2.00, and have yet to build it ........... :)

Thats a steal considering that they are worth around $24-$26 from Galaxie Unlimited.

$2.00??? GREAT SCORE.

I thought so as well........ :lol: ......I actually picked up alot of nice kits from there that day including the General Lee....'78 Trans-Am...'68 Firebird 2-n-1 and the L.A.P.D. pro-stock Camaro....all unbuilt. I think I spent a total of $14.00.....Some people just don't know what they are selling I guess................. :)

I thought so as well........ :lol: ......I actually picked up alot of nice kits from there that day including the General Lee....'78 Trans-Am...'68 Firebird 2-n-1 and the L.A.P.D. pro-stock Camaro....all unbuilt. I think I spent a total of $14.00.....Some people just don't know what they are selling I guess................. :)

Wish I could find yard sales like that around here. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

OK guys, as soon as I find my camera cable I will post up a little of the work I did on this thing.

I will however explain what all I did. The side door hinges weren't going to work, not that I didn't like them, they just weren't going to work. So I tried my hand at hinging them. It doesn't open all the way but it works.

Galaxie24trailer012.jpg

I added some of the rings that are on Christmas ornaments that you put the hooks through to the floor for chains that I will be getting at a later date from Michaels.

Galaxie24trailer005.jpg

I put a handle on the spare tire compartment door. Makes it easier to open. Might do this to the two side doors.

Galaxie24trailer006.jpg

Galaxie24trailer007.jpg

Galaxie24trailer008.jpg

And some shots with a car on there to see if there will be any clearance issues.

Galaxie24trailer009.jpg

Man I need some display cases, that camaro was dusty when I took it down.

Edit: Cable was right in ftont of me.... :D

Edited by Clay

Thanks for hijacking my thread guys. :lol: Just kidding, thanks for the shots of your trailer Bud.

I have come to a realization that the car should come in over the spare tire compartment. So I will move the hooks up one more section.

Thanks Raul, I learned how to do it from you guys. I credit everything I do detail and paint wise to you guys, But hey thats what this forum is about, learning and making friends.

Edited by Clay

Also, could someone tell me what a foot would be in 1/24, 1/25 scale? I am planing on making a table out of some balsa plywood.

The math is simple; divide the number of inches you measure or need by 24 or 25 to get the scale equivalent.

12 inches divided by 24 = 0.5 inches. 12 inches divided by 25 = 0.48 inches.

Take care, (and put that new dial caliper to good use :lol: ),

Planning on it. I think 1/24 scale would be the easiest :lol:

I need to get some pins to insert though the top of the table to hold the legs on. I have a work table in my garage that I wouldnt mind duplicating in it.

Edited by Clay