Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas 3D Customs

49 minutes ago, bobss396 said:

No SM420 gear box? Every GMC tow truck I drove had one in it. I don't know if they came from the factory with a Saginaw/Muncie transmission.

Well you feel free to come on over and scrape off the 2 in of grease stacked up on that gearbox or just wait till I can get it cleaned up and then and then I'll make it or just be grateful that I make anything

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Well you feel free to come on over and scrape off the 2 in of grease stacked up on that gearbox or just wait till I can get it cleaned up and then and then I'll make it or just be grateful that I make anything

No matter, VCG Resins makes a great SM420. It would be hard to top that one. Josh would probably make you a decent deal on a bunch of them...

Edited by bobss396

1 hour ago, bobss396 said:

No matter, VCG Resins makes a great SM420. It would be hard to top that one. Josh would probably make you a decent deal on a bunch of them...

So I went and looked at his SM420, that wont be hard to beat at all, in fact since it has a GM bolt pattern it wont really work anyways. Its not bad but not the level of detail I am after, you can always go ask him to design a GMC V6 and he will then talk to Scale Model Autowerks to do it, not like you actually buy from me anyways. Things to note about that transmission of his, it doesn't have the PTO or the flange cove that would replace it it doesn't have the right dimensions I can tell just by looking and its missing a lot of details, he makes a good product I won't say his stuff is bad, but scanning then producing from that is always going to be more accurate than designing from looking at pictures. 

I can live with a little less detail if the parts are ultra crisp and clean. Sometimes there is TOO much detail and the parts are quite fragile. 

I will definitely check out your SM420. It should be interesting like everything else you make. The tandem 305 V6 is next level for sure.