Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Last Detail

Hi Everybody,

Could you tell me if The Last Detail Inc. Is out of business? Does anyone else do the type of complete

car Decals that they did? I'm looking for under the hood Decals for specific models.

If you know of anyone that do these types of Decals could you pass it on to me.

Thank You

The Last Detail has been out of business for awhile now. The only factory stock aftermarket decals that I know of are from Kieth Marks, but I don't know if he has much in the way of underhood details. That's all I know. :D

Thank You I guess I'm Out of Luck. If anyone that reads this has The Last Detail Decals for the 66 Nova, 69 Nova, 70 Boss 302, 70 Mach 1 or 62 Impala SS I am willing to pay a fair price for a laser copy of them on clear or white Laser Decal Paper. Individual sheets of Decal paper can be bought at Micro-Mark

Thank you

Curt Baker terminated "The Last Detail Inc." quite a few years ago and then passed the remaining stock over to James Tester who did the marketing/selling/distribution for yet another year or two. After that Curt sold the company to a fellow in Australia who is running an aftermarket company by the name of "The Parts Box"...and the good news is that most of the original product line is still available from this source.

Click this link: http://www.thepartsbox.com/, hit ENTER and then choose DECALS from the menu on the left.

Curt Baker terminated "The Last Detail Inc." quite a few years ago and then passed the remaining stock over to James Tester who did the marketing/selling/distribution for yet another year or two. After that Curt sold the company to a fellow in Australia who is running an aftermarket company by the name of "The Parts Box"...and the good news is that most of the original product line is still available from this source.

Click this link: http://www.thepartsbox.com/, hit ENTER and then choose DECALS from the menu on the left.

Thank You Very Much He had most of what I needed and that's enough

Hi Curt Baker Here!

The Last Detail, Inc. was never terminated as a company. It went like this:

I did allow James Tester to sell my decals for awhile but the transfer didn't really take off. Then I listed them on the Model Cars website that has things for sale.

Got a few nibbles and the best one was from www.thepartsbox.com which is located in Australia. I sold the decal inventory, instruction sheets, name, artwork and everything to them for my asking price.

I have enjoyed the break from the business and am enjoying modeling and doing some decal artwork when time permits.

Jason and Michele Richter are behind The Parts Box. They are WONDERFUL people and I highly recommend doing business with them!

I just peeked at their site to see what was new and noticed they have a new resin 428 Ford engine that looks super. They have a BB too.

They sell my former decals with free shipping worldwide! Take the directions in the other answer from the Swede to find the decals on their site, but it is easy to find them anyhow. They have a nice site.

Recently I have done some artwork for a resin caster - Jeff Watlington at Time Machine Resins. The decal artwork is for an upcoming Cyclone Spoiler II kit release.

After that I did the artwork for ALPS printing of exterior and interior graphics for the largely neglected Dart Sport Hang Ten - did the 75 but the 74 could be made also. Using the AMT/ERTL 1975 Plymouth "Duster" (mismarked) kit and with Harry Fogerty's help, the 71 Duster chassis (shortened a bit).

Harry Fogerty (of Louisville, KY) printed the Hang Ten decals and did a fantastic job. His model is complete already, looks mighty nice and I am just getting going on mine, but am way excited about it!

My most recent artwork is for personal projects such as special Camaro's, and Nova's, along with a very rare edition of the Viper released in the 1990's. Printed some on laser and some were done for me on ALPS. I have a year's worth of projects to work on.

Anyone know where I can find a nice resin stinger hood for 67 Camaro and 68 Nova?

It is nice to know my efforts are still remembered. Everything but the Duster/Demon sheet I think they still offer for sale.

Take care all!

Curt

Hi Curt Baker Here!

The Last Detail, Inc. was never terminated as a company. It went like this:

I did allow James Tester to sell my decals for awhile but the transfer didn't really take off. Then I listed them on the Model Cars website that has things for sale.

Got a few nibbles and the best one was from www.thepartsbox.com which is located in Australia. I sold the decal inventory, instruction sheets, name, artwork and everything to them for my asking price.

I have enjoyed the break from the business and am enjoying modeling and doing some decal artwork when time permits.

Jason and Michele Richter are behind The Parts Box. They are WONDERFUL people and I highly recommend doing business with them!

I just peeked at their site to see what was new and noticed they have a new resin 428 Ford engine that looks super. They have a BB too.

They sell my former decals with free shipping worldwide! Take the directions in the other answer from the Swede to find the decals on their site, but it is easy to find them anyhow. They have a nice site.

Recently I have done some artwork for a resin caster - Jeff Watlington at Time Machine Resins. The decal artwork is for an upcoming Cyclone Spoiler II kit release.

After that I did the artwork for ALPS printing of exterior and interior graphics for the largely neglected Dart Sport Hang Ten - did the 75 but the 74 could be made also. Using the AMT/ERTL 1975 Plymouth "Duster" (mismarked) kit and with Harry Fogerty's help, the 71 Duster chassis (shortened a bit).

Harry Fogerty (of Louisville, KY) printed the Hang Ten decals and did a fantastic job. His model is complete already, looks mighty nice and I am just getting going on mine, but am way excited about it!

My most recent artwork is for personal projects such as special Camaro's, and Nova's, along with a very rare edition of the Viper released in the 1990's. Printed some on laser and some were done for me on ALPS. I have a year's worth of projects to work on.

Anyone know where I can find a nice resin stinger hood for 67 Camaro and 68 Nova?

It is nice to know my efforts are still remembered. Everything but the Duster/Demon sheet I think they still offer for sale.

Take care all!

Curt

Hi Curt,

The best and only plase I buy my hoods and hood scoops from is Drag City Castings. They fit nice and the price is right He has a fast turn around time and He makes the hood you are looking for. Give him a try You'll like what he has.

Drag City Casting