Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bagged '99 Chevy Silverado Pick Up,

shiftyjm

Hey, I'm new to these boards.. I was into working on the models and such, but got into work and moving and had no time. I'm a little more settled down now, and would like to finish a job I started with hack...

I wanted to build a decent air bagged truck and found this one. Hopefully it turns out alright...

I don't have pics for this, but I had to cut, and re-locate the tank higher to the bottom of the truck, and the frame is cut and the gap in the box for the bridge has already been cut as well.

DSCN3619.jpg

Yeah I want it to be laying frame.

I have to salvage a rear clip from an old s10 I had though.

When I moved, a bunch of my parts got mixed up and I can't find the pieces I had for the notch from the Silverado.

The s10's clip is a tad bit thinner than the Silverado but it shouldn't matter that much.

Guest JamesDE

This should be cool!! I recently finished doing something like this. I bodydropped mine and shaved the body line as well as the door handles. Took alot of time almost 7 months.

IMGA0859.jpg

hay shifty welcome abord. :D Im in the same box with jamesde. built the silverado myself, and had a blast doing it.

its titaled verticly challenged and can be found on the work bench. built a little bit ago but its in there.

might help with the do's and don'ts of your stile build.

good luck and have fun.

Well I was trying to fit the s10 rear clip on and didn't have much luck.

(I don't have a lot of tools or material either..)

Then I started using some styrene to try and build a rear notched clip, and then I realized

I don't even have the instructions and I don't have any of the parts put together what so ever

so I decided I'll just use the kit for parts.. I'll get another kit to build.