Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Piranha Super Spy Car - Original Art Series

ea0863

On 6/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, ea0863 said:

I actually have all 4 seasons of the Man From UNCLE on a full Screen dvd remastered. 1964-1968 TV series. It comes in a card board box that looks like a spy attache' case. And it has all 105 un-cut episodes on 41 discs. These discs were made in the USA. Not the cheaper ones that they release now a days. & it wasn't cheap. At $110.00 in 2010. & it has over 10 bonus hours  of SPECIAL FEATURES Including the original Color Pilot. Called the Vulcan Affair. & I have the Husky original diecast Man From UNCLE SPY car that they released in 1/64 scale. & It's painted in a Light /medium mix Sky Blue color. My hat's off to you!!!  For matching up the box top to Tamiya spray paint just about darn near perfect!  Well done.   Thanks for giving me the idea of what to paint the model car in!!!! And it also matches the 1966 Gold Key Man From UNCLE magazine. 

But,on 2nd thought, I decided to repaint it in an Ocean Blue color by Krylon. Short Cuts 3 oz. can. It's a medium dark beautiful blue color. A bit darker than the Husky diecast Man From UNCLE Spy Car called the PIRANHA.   KSCSO34 SCS-034 OCEAN BLUE. If you are able to get this in the UK. CHEERS, MARK2.  I will up load a few pictures of  both the finished 1/25 scale model & diecast for your viewing pleasure. 

m8503430 mark

Thank you all for your kind words and feedback. Now I'll be off to the opposite end of the spectrum by building something or other with an Allison V-12 in it! :) 

Edited by mark2
I left out some words. & I decided to include more information on the Man From Uncle 4 seasons complete & un-cut, plus extras on dvd. Interviews of stars Robert Vaughn, & David McCallim, & all the great female guest stars that were on the show.
  • Thanks 1

Only just came across this one. Very nice build!

I did my version of it not long back but included the spy gadgets. I wish I had known of the Paragrafix set beforehand- I had to photoshop a lot of the details. 

P 1.JPG

P 2.JPG

Yeah Nah, Wow!  What a nice PIRANAH!

I think that tha's the original paint that was applied way back in 1966.

It's called 1966 MIST BLUE POLY! OR, MIST BLUE METALLIC. by: CHEVROLET. GM GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION.

Now, you may ask me this, & you are right to ask me this question. Well, Mark. How can you be sure that that's the original paint that was used on Gene Winfield's SUPER SPY CAR CALLED THE PIRANHA CRV IV 4th model of the CRV.

Well because, my good friend Ken Lecewkiwedz that's POLISH guys. 

I'm Polish decent too.

His dad had a 1967 Chevrolet Impalla 4 door sedan with a 6 cylinder I think stock engine.

And ,its paint code was DD.   And D, Denotes the original factory OEM the original factory manufacture COLOR by GM. 

It is a very unusual but super COOL combination of SILVER, Grey, / MIst Blue and its metallic too.

When the paint is first applied to the automobile. In this case the left rear quarter pannel. When it is sprayed straight from the paint metal spray gun. It is a medium Hawaiian Blue sky color!  It is hard for me to explain. And, after a week or 2, this paint changes color. It completely morphs into a bluish greyish color.  know it's really weird!  Some times it appears more silvery blue. & other times it appears more silver than blue. 

If, you get Last Man Standing in UK. Tim Allen's newer Tv show. Look for the episode where Mike Baxter, played by actor Tim Allen of Home Improvement fame is a store manager for OUT DOOR MAN Store. His wife buy's him a fully restored big block 389 or 429, 1967 Chevrolet Impalla from tv star Jay Leno. Leno.s character Joe, sells Tim/Mike the car through his wife. Mike's/Tim's wife. For a nice birthday surprise. It's MINT! I will try & find a screen grab of that particular episode & up load it. So, that you can see what I am talking about.  The color is unbelievable!  I wish that I could paint my 1998 VOLVO S-70 that's white. This color. IT's that COOL!!!!

This color was used on most if not all Impalla's, Chevelle's, & CORVAIR's 2.  Mark2 m8503430

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Only just came across this one. Very nice build!

I did my version of it not long back but included the spy gadgets. I wish I had known of the Paragrafix set beforehand- I had to photoshop a lot of the details. 

P 1.JPG

P 2.JPG

Very cool Garry! It's so interesting that a scale model company created this actual car, and a number of them were sold. Sort of a "life imitating art" kind of thing :) 

• Like 1