Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kit is this?

It could be that old terrible Monogram Camaro, from 30+ years ago..... The body proportions are a "bit" off, "bad ass" is probably a good way to describe it..... :wub:B) Looks good in the pic, in black. It's been reissued a number of times over the years, Street Machine, "Rampage" drag car and a few others. If you want a nice Camaro, look for Revell's Z/28, Yenko, and Baldwin Motion versions, they are the same basically, just different versions.

It could be that old terrible Monogram Camaro, from 30+ years ago..... The body proportions are a "bit" off, "bad ass" is probably a good way to describe it..... :)B) Looks good in the pic, in black. It's been reissued a number of times over the years, Street Machine, "Rampage" drag car and a few others. If you want a nice Camaro, look for Revell's Z/28, Yenko, and Baldwin Motion versions, they are the same basically, just different versions.

I don't know 'bout where you come from, over there in Sweden, but over here,

THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS BUB!!!

LilRed3.jpg

:D :D :D

Hey man cool it, will ya! I'm not here to put you or your models down, I merely made a general remark about a specific kit. Which happens to be a poor representation of a '69 Camaro. I've built it too, when it came out in 1977. It was a box stock buildup, for the swedish importer of Monogram kits. At the time I guess I thought it looked ok, but if you compare it to the later Revell '69 Camaros, you'll see the diffference.... :)

Well I'm Australian, and I also think the old Monogram Camaro is off. And like Hans, I've built my share of them too. But since Revell brought out their 1/25 kits, the Monogram one is redundant

What's wrong with it?

The A-pillars aren't parallel from one side to the other. Oops!

The body is sort of "anti-sectioned", like someone added a two or three scale inch slice through the fenders and doors. Look at a real one and you'll see what I mean.

The rest of it's OK, but those faults spoiled it for me. But I still built three of them back when they were the only Camaro available.

BTW, I like the red model in the photo. Good work!