Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets talk about magnetos

I've got two engines I'm putting together and want to use a magneto on both.  This is my first time doing any model car wiring.  I've looked at the Pro Tech pre wired, the Detail Master kit and the Morgan Automotive one.  There are aspects of each one I like.

Which one does everyone like and why?  Which one do you think best fits the 1:25 scale?

I usually use the old AMT parts pack version of the Scintilla / Vertex / Joe Hunt units, and drill them myself.

The Morgan Automotive V.a looks most like the mags I like the best, as well as their Schiefer style, with the Detail Master running second.

I don't really like the group of wires in one big hole on the ProTech, though I'll use one if it's all I've got and I'm in a hurry.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY and ACCURACY
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I usually use the old AMT parts pack version of the Scintilla / Vertex / Joe Hunt units, and drill them myself.

The Morgan Automotive V.a looks most like the mags I like the best, as well as their Schiefer style, with the Detail Master running second.

I don't really like the group of wires in one big hole on the ProTech, though I'll use one if it's all I've got and I'm in a hurry.

That is why I like the Morgan one, do you order it off their website or is the a place to order it from?