Model Cars Magazine Forum

Datsun 510

87 Grand

Definitely a nice build, no doubt! :D My buddy who had the 260Z also had a 510 that was so fast the guys in the 5.0 mustangs hated that car. LOL :D His was all set up for autocrossing as he was also an autocross driving instructor. His looked very much like this only a lighter color blue and with white stripes.

Once again, totally cool build. Thanks for sharing! :D

really cool little build! i like the tires you used on this one, where are they from?

Dave

Hey dave the tires I used came from the Aoshima Bunka Kyozai wheel and tires set. These are the tires from the Panasports that I used on the 240z. The wheels are from a Fujimi Kit. I had to kinda stretch the tires on the wheels, but I think that they worked. On most of all my builds I will go and try about 50 to 75 different wheel and tires combinations till I am satisfied with the look that I want. Thanks and hopefully that helped a little.

87, one of my high school buddy's had a new 70 510 4dr. just like yours only without the decals. We laughed when he first got it caz it was only a 4 cyl. and Jap. We all had American V-8's, But, that lil Dat waz quick off the line, an could get a good hole shot on ya! REAL NICE job on your Dat! It's cool! :D

Hey thanks guys for all the great feedback. I really appreciate it. Hey slant the prop rod is just to hold the hood up. My wife gave me about 10 different colored spools of wire that she was not going to use so I got it. It works for just about anything because the scale is right on. The black and silver make great valve stems. I think she got them at Hobby Lobby in the craft section. I don't use them for antanea because they are really hard to get perfectly straight. I only use the smallest guitar strings for that. Thanks for looking and I hope that helps.