Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Petty Salvino’s Charger paint vs decal

dawgvet

So I was excited to receive the Salvino’s Petty 1973 Charger kit. When I opened it, I noticed that is did not include the decals for the STP red parts of the body. I saw I can buy the decals and was wondering if this is a better route than masking and painting it? Do the decals lay down well? I don’t want to use the vinyl stickers because I think they won’t look right. Any tips or expedite with this issue appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jed

1 hour ago, dawgvet said:

So I was excited to receive the Salvino’s Petty 1973 Charger kit. When I opened it, I noticed that is did not include the decals for the STP red parts of the body. I saw I can buy the decals and was wondering if this is a better route than masking and painting it? Do the decals lay down well? I don’t want to use the vinyl stickers because I think they won’t look right. Any tips or expedite with this issue appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jed

Who does the decals you can buy? Powerslide? If so, they should lay down fine, I use Tamiya Mark Fit Strong on them with no issues. I'm a bit surprised that the kit doesn't come with decals as Powerslide is doing most of, if not all of Salvino's decals now, at least on all the Camaros.