Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge custom van in the works

Guest JamesDE

I have the 'Crazy Van' issue of this kit in my stash, and was going to do it as a Mopar parts delivery van, but after seeing this I might just have to change the direction of the build. Dodge vans look cool (then again, I grew up a Mopar kid) with some slight custom touches!

Guest JamesDE
you cant use them 24's on this van you will have to cut all

the front fenderwells out and most of the dash

you can you 20's or 22's and use the 24's out back

vanchevy3001-1.jpg

van1.jpg

I know, I know. I just wanted to mock up to see what it would look like. I am gonna go with a 19/23 wheel and tire combo.

Guest JamesDE

Got a little bit more done on this one. Cut a hole in the roof for a sliding ragtop. The interior tub is being cut open for the door panels. Also started to build a street rod themed door panel. Still need to add the patterned inserts.

IMGA0212.jpg

IMGA0214.jpg

IMGA0215.jpg

IMGA0217.jpg

IMGA0218.jpg

• 7 months later...
Guest JamesDE
any more updates on this dodge i see your also working on a chevy tamdum axle pics plz it is looking sick

Unfortunately, no more updates on this one. I sold a couple months ago still unfinished. I have way too many things going on and I didnt think that I would ever finish this. I will be getting back to that Chevy Tandem axle soon though. Ill never sell that one. Sorry to dissapoint anyone.