Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Spartan

Jantrix

Well she's finally done. It's about as far from my original vision as you can go. I'd originally planned a huge gold vehicle with red graphics the SPARTAN! But once I laid the gold, I hated it. Only the remaining detail from the the original idea is the gold shield with the Spartan Lambda symbol. Over the terrible gold I laid several colors of enamels in splotches, then added some rust colored acrylics. The I sprayed it with water and added the sea salt. When it was dry I sprayed satin black. I then gave it a good scrubbing with rubbing alcohol to remove the salt and to feather the edges of the paint chips. As well knock down the shine a bit. She recieved a couple of washes and some detail painting. Offensive capabilities consist of the twin .50 caliber machine guns and an octet of short range missiles which are all scratch built. Defensive capabilities are a smoke machine that uses a fine ground pepper in the mix which will be uncomfortable for anyone to get a snootful of. In the rear bumper are four nozzles for deploying a type of oil slick which is made using a precise mixture of witch hazel, cod liver oil, and KY jelly. It is particularly effective and the EPA is cool with it. Here's some pics, I hope you like it.

100_1071.jpg

100_1079.jpg

100_1075.jpg

100_1073.jpg

100_1077.jpg

More pics here. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/Jant...athrace%20300C/

Edited by Jantrix

• 7 months later...