Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

SWC willys

lilsceamer

Here's my 41 Willys that I have been workin on for a while... It's the new Testor's laques blue. I wired the aluminum distributer from DetailMaster. I used aluminum headlight covers, tail light bezels, pulleys, tach and a moon tank. The tank comes from DetailMaster, but the other parts were turned by a buddy. I made cheater slicks by putting grooves in the rear slicks using my buddy's lathe. I also flocked the interior and put a two tone blue and white paint scheme.

Thanks for looking! :D

Willys.jpg

Front.jpg

Engine-1.jpg

DriversSide.jpg

Really nicely done. I also like how you used the metal details to make this build stand out. This car ran under so many different color and body and engine combo's, it is hard to pick a verson to build. I have an unbuilt original Revell kit which has the blown Oldsmobile engine and the wide grill opening plus the story on this car from Rodders Journal, so I will do this in light metallic blue. A tribute version was built a few years ago which has the opening like this Revell kit, plus a Chrysler Hemi and it is painted candy blue (I have a story from Hot Rod on that car too)...I have plans for that one, plus, I built the black version which also ran years ago. That is just a version of the same kit you did but with different decals and paint. If one wanted to, you could build like 6 different versions of this car at various points in its life. It has an amazing history. Slick decals makes a great sheet on this car and the many variations of markings. Again, nice clean build, very nice.

Very cool Willys!!

The spun parts really add to a nice build!!

Later,

I agree!!! I just built the street version.....YOURS WINS!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

now I need to buy another kit...

but the Hemi in this beast is one of the nicest blown motors out now!!