Model Cars Magazine Forum

MIME 4 NNL, Mid Iowa Modelers Expo, August 19, 2023

edboys

Excited to announce the return of Mid Iowa Modelers Expo NNL here in the greater Des Moines, Iowa area. Glue Brothers look forward to everyone that can attend this year's event. Looks to be another great time for us modeling enthusiasts to gather, make some new friends or enjoy the day with existing friends, as well as make a purchase or two from our event vendors. More info as we get closer to the day of the show.

MIME 4 NNL Flyer-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm putting out a call for vendors. Seams my 2 biggest vendors have cancelled on me 19 days before the event. If there is anyone in the Des Moines, IA area who has an interest please contact me at 515 803-1628.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great time yesterday with an increase in attendance as well as models on display. I want to extend thanks to those who attended, especially those who learned of our event throught MC/Forums. We look forward to next year and will post here once I have all the pertinent info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edboys said:

We had a great time yesterday with an increase in attendance as well as models on display. I want to extend thanks to those who attended, especially those who learned of our event throught MC/Forums. We look forward to next year and will post here once I have all the pertinent info.

Hi Mark!

Any picture we can see? 

CT

HI Claude, here are a few pictures from the contest.  We posted 4 photo albums to our IPMS Glue Brothers Facebook page if you want to see all the entries in the contest, the winners, the vendors who attended, and the very nice hall we are able to use for the event.  Our event was attended by people from 7 different states and we were very pleased with how everything turned out.  Thanks for your interest    

1 Top Five Car.JPG

2 Top Five Car.JPG

3_Top Five Car.JPG

4 Top Five Car.JPG

5 Top Five Car.JPG

6 Race Car.JPG

DSC_0496.JPG

DSC_0494.JPG

DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0325.JPG

DSC_0327.JPG

• Like 1

Awards for our show are hand made or re-purposed from older used trophies/plaques. I've been doing this since re-establishing our show event. It can be a bit consuming putting these awards together, but I usually try to have the award reflect some aspect of the theme it is to represent. Here's a pic of all the awards that were presented last year. Our Top Five awards are given to the best 5 models based on contestant voting.

20220817_184722.jpg

Edited by edboys