Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ralph Earnhardt V8 car

presnell

Ralph drove this car at the New Asheville Speedway in 1962,1963,and 1964,won the track championship in 63 and totaled it in 64 . Bob  Pressley thought Ralph spun him in the heat so in the main in turn 4 Bob hooked him in the right rear so he hit the wall hard it cracked the wall and knocked the track lights out. In 1962 Ralph could'nt out run Dickie Plemmons in the 18 car,Nascar tore down the top 4 finishers I was talking to Toy Jones who was the smarts behind the 18 car and Ralph came up and said Jones can Iook under the back of your car Mr. Jones said look all you want Ralph slid under the 18 for about 5 minutes got out and Jones said see what you wanted and Ralph just smiled, he won the rest of the races that year. The V8 was owned by the Pressley brothers of Canton,N.C.                                 

DSC00908.JPG

DSC00910.JPG

DSC00912.JPG

DSC00916.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's a way cool paint job for the era. Real nice job on one of the Godfathers of Nascar early days. You've inspired me to post a 40 Ford dirt Mod my wife insisted I make. Personally, never heard of the guy. But the wife liked the color scheme. I hope you take a look at my Sumner DeWolf modified when I post it. Thanks for the Earnhardt car.