Model Cars Magazine Forum

I will buy your KK paint.

I have purchased all of the Kustom Kolor paint I could find. It has become my paint of choice. I have about 100 bottles of different colors, but would like more, but it's been discontinued.

If any of you have Kustom Kolor paint you would like to sell, I'm buying. Let me know what you have and I'll make an offer.

Marcus,I too have every color that was available and have yet to use it.I have spray cans and bottles with little knowledge on how to use it the right way,any pointers would really be helpful.I really don't want to sell them cause those are some cool colors.I do own a Pasche dbl. action air brush with compressor and also have a Badger beginners air brush that uses the compressed air in the can.I just don't know how to mix the paint,do I use the thinner or the reducer and at what ratio.Can I use lacquer thinner when I'm out of thinner/reducer????Again any tips would really be helpful.

I did use the Tangelo Orange from the spray can on a Camaro and had a problem with it not sticking in the door seams and the trunk seam.I ended up spraying a Tamiya Orange for a base coat and that solved the problem.Did I do something wrong the first time???I also used the white primer for a base coat the first time.

I have never bought or used the spray cans. I bought it in 1 oz bottles. Mix that with 1 oz of reducer/thinner. When you run out of the reducer/thinner, then use lacquer thinner. When you mix it with lacquer thinner, it will make the paint streak on the inside of your mixer bottle. Don't let that worry you; it's just the result of the chemical imbalance. It will still spray nicely.

Spray it with 35 lbs of air pressure through a number 3 needle/cap/tip. spray it just as you would lacquer; that is use three thin coats, finishing with a wet coat. It's important to lay it on wet.

Perhaps the spray bottles were thinned a bit too much; although I have no direct knowledge of that.

Marcus, I found a supplier for the Kustom Kolors. He has quite a bit, and his supplier still has a lot of it from what he told me. Go to www.ltproshop.com . E-mail him to find out how much he is charging for it. The sign said $4.00 a bottle for the small airbrush ones, but he may charge less for a bulk order. Hope this helps.

Mageckman

Marcus, I found a supplier for the Kustom Kolors. He has quite a bit, and his supplier still has a lot of it from what he told me. Go to www.ltproshop.com . E-mail him to find out how much he is charging for it. The sign said $4.00 a bottle for the small airbrush ones, but he may charge less for a bulk order. Hope this helps.

Mageckman

Thanks; I will call him in the morning. His web site is useless.

I surfed TCP Global and acording to them they got HOK pearl kits for like 66 bucks two base coat, and 10 pearls in the 2oz bottels, and 4oz bottels and they cary a whole line of HOK brand paint, and a bunch of bulk kits like the pearl set up, NOW unless there just wanting me to order and then hope thier supplier comes thru, I dunno...

Edited by unforgiven

Thanks; I will call him in the morning. His web site is useless.

Marcus, He works days at a trans rebuild shop,and runs his hobby shop on the side as a small business out of his home. If you wait unti after 6 EST you should be able to reach him there. Ask for Brad. You might be able to reach him at work, but I don't know if he does business for the hobby shop from there or not. And yeah, the website is pretty useless, other than finding out how to get ahold of him or finding out his hours. Hope this helps.

Mageckman

I surfed TCP Global and acording to them they got HOK pearl kits for like 66 bucks two base coat, and 10 pearls in the 2oz bottels, and 4oz bottels and they cary a whole line of HOK brand paint, and a bunch of bulk kits like the pearl set up, NOW unless there just wanting me to order and then hope thier supplier comes thru, I dunno...

House of Kolor and Kustom Kolor are completely different paint.