Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need USAAF late WWII type wing/fuselage decals, 1/48 scale

I'm building two aircraft models (after not touching one since the late 'fifties), and I need some of the late WWII USAAF type 'star and bar' decals in 1/48 scale, enough for two a/c. Probably should not have the later red stripe, as the Curtiss does not.

Not having started this project: a Kyushu J2W7 Shinden and Curtis XP-55 Ascender which I am converting to turbojet power (well, gotta' customize some, huh?) at the last IPMS show/swap where I could have gotten a half-pound of them for five bucks, I now am asking for some -- and I have some A/C and car stuff to trade.  I'm doing the Shinden as part of an allied 'enemy aircraft flight' example (pure fiction, oc) so won't need it's Hasegawa decal sheet, nor a Luftwaffe set -- both unused -- that I can swap.

Also, I need a few RAF roundels, about 17-mm. diameter, for a Tomahawk toy (Hubley, very old) that I 'saved' from hanging on a fence!  Any help out there? :-<)   THX! Wick

• 11 months later...

Thanks, I bought the decals as the 2024 IPMS show in Yuba City CA.  I built an RAF Brewster Buffalo kit, and another one as the air-racer that was planned for the thing, but never built (I just faked a Wright R-2600 from the SB3A dive-bomber that they built onto it, and lowered the canopy, etc.  The XP-55"B" and Shinden are almost done, and I'm glad!  Nice projects, as a diorama (photos soon!) but I'm going back to automobiles; aircraft are too fiddly for my old eyes/hands!  Wick