Model Cars Magazine Forum

Early hot rods

Geezerman

Acording to my records (scatterbrain), I haven't shown these on this forum.

fin4-vi.jpg

fin9-vi.jpg

fin10-vi.jpg

fin9-vi.jpg

I have a Revell 'Goodguys' 32 roadster kit that I want to build on the same order as these two - really early, no doodads or bling, high boy hot rod.

Problem is that the Revellkit has too new parts, namely the bagged rear end, dropped frt axle, etc. I'm bashing up a front axle, and I can probably 'guesstimate' the stock rear end set up, but I'd like to get it close, not anal, but fairly close. Everything I Google turns out modified for hot rods. Does anyone have a pic of a stock 32 rear end setup ??

Thanks,

Clay

Geez, I for one, am GLAD yer back! Love these kinda builds! You an GrampsX(Bill) got these old style rods down! I have REALLY seen a cut down 34 ford pheaton turned into a dune buggy!It looked alot like yours! :( Nice ta see the Garage is doin good in spite of the current economic times! :o:blink:

Hey those are pretty wicked looking! Never seen a model like those before.

These don't come in a kit (as a whole), Doc.

The first one was a RPU body with a turtledeck added.

The other one was a undersized Revell '34 "California Kid" that I didn't like because it looked out of scale with the rest of my models. I took off the top and narrowed the body for the old roadster build. Both of the old engines, Frontenac and 4 port Riley, were leftovers from other kits that I used more modern engines in.

Dr Dee, those kits DO come complete,Just add Geezermans imagineation! That is the essence of modeling to me, THAT's why I just HAFTA admire what these guys can do! Just go back in their memories, an build what THEY REMEMBER! I had TOTALLY forgotten about my coucins Ray an Teddy's 48 Chevy dunebuggy! It was just a chassis with rollbars welded in,but it was SURE ALOT OF FUN!!!! These builds remind me of simpler less complicated times. :)

• 3 weeks later...